Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Norway

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 3,330Next Topic  
Valued Member
Finland
99 Posts
Posted 10/02/2014   11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Rolle to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here two stamps Flower from Norway in different size
Which is normal size?

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 10/02/2014   11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This may help to distinguish them. I don't think there's necessarily a "normal" size, it depends upon how they were cut at the printer, as the example below will suggest that the top imperforate stamps show a larger margin as compared to the bottom, which would also mean that the next booklet of stamps would alternate (top with smaller margin; bottom with larger margin):

The one with the top imperforate is #1403; the one with the bottom imperforate is #1403A. The stamps were issued in 2001 as a se-tenant booklet with a pink rose stamp (#1404, #1404A) in alternating top and bottom positions.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by wt1 - 10/02/2014 12:03 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29781 Posts
Posted 12/04/2017   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Unusual, first time seen by me.
Self adhesive yet perforated.

Die cut on back, to facilitate removal of stamp. (Curved die cut line)

Sc# 1749 1st July 2015 Posthorn.
1 Kr Green
Litho.
P13.75 x 13.25

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6850 Posts
Posted 12/04/2017   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I kind of like those. They at least look more like a stamp to this old-fashioned guy.

Peter
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29781 Posts
Posted 12/05/2017   12:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Rod, I kind of like those. They at least look more like a stamp to this old-fashioned guy.
Peter

I very much doubt it, Peter.
They are like cardboard to handle.
I had some trouble working out what was going on.
Initially I thought the wavy lines were stamps printed on creased paper.
Scott got me out of trouble.

I was thinking the self adhesive must play havoc with the perforator.

The backing sheet is very similar to the paper on the backs of charity labels,
very thick indeed.

.....but I get your drift, nice to have a self adh with genuine perfs.......
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 12/05/2017   04:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I recognise that se-tenant block , I'm glad you did appreciate it.

They are like cardboard to handle.
I had some trouble working out what was going on.

I know! When I sent you that packet the post office clerk allowed me to look through his book with selection of stamps, so I could pick something nice for your cover. That's when I 'discovered' this cardboard paper as you say, and initially I thought I had stumbled on a fabrication freak of some sort! And that even on a se-tenant block, I was quite excited for a while But, I didn't manage to stick it on your letter as there was no gum, that's why I put it inside your package, unused, thought you would like it . Only next day, when I was studying a similar block I purchased for my self did I realize it was peel-off stickers. I've never seen them on the posthorn definitives before, quite cool.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29781 Posts
Posted 12/05/2017   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jon,
yes, thank you for those.

May I be as bold as to suggest?
If I am correct, these are not "se-tenant"

Askphil: Se-tenant (Seten,): (Fr.) (joined together), two or more unseparated stamps having different colors, denominations, or
designs.

If they were differing, they would be an " se-tenant interpanneau quad or block"
Interpanneau: (Fr.) gutter.

As they are, they are an "Interpanneau block of 4"

I will stand corrected.

Thanks for that huge selection of Austrian duplicates, once I have filled gaps
I'll collect the rest, and give them away here free, as your legacy.
Edited by rod222 - 12/05/2017 4:52 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 12/06/2017   03:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your welcome Rod! Good idea to pass any left-over duplicates on to someone else. How useful this forum would be if we will all circulate stamps!

You're absolutely right about the block not being se-tenant. I was a bit too hasty and distracted last night with my wife looking over my shoulder, dissatisfied with me being at the forum....off course it's not se-tenant I think of them as making a vertical gutter block, but your definition is probably more precise. Thanks for the correction!

I was actually surprised to find those gutter pairs at all! I think the post office clerks are instructed to separate the sheets so the gutter pairs get separated. Guess that's an advantage with a minor post office (actually a post office within a small grocery shop, so the employee don't know much about stamps at all, and probably doesn't follow the instructions from the post department. And I'm not complaining
Edited by Blaamand - 12/06/2017 04:05 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29781 Posts
Posted 05/04/2019   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cinderellas.
Christmas Seals and sundry.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29781 Posts
Posted 05/05/2019   12:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Norway : Micro Printing.
World War ll Resistance........

ABC TV "Antiques Roadshow" 2015

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
267 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Out of curiosity, what value did the experts at Antiques Roadshow attatch to this very interesting item? I've never seen anything quite like it.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29781 Posts
Posted 05/10/2019   11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what value did the experts at Antiques Roadshow attatch to this very interesting item? I've never seen anything quite like it.

Coastwatcher,
A fairly standard response if memory serves.
No valuation given, unable to assess, the value lies in the personal attachment it has to the owner, and his/hers relatives.
ergo, "invaluable" in that sense.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29781 Posts
Posted 07/08/2020   8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Answering my own question FROM another post

CHRA BYP = CHRISTIANA BYPOST (Local Post)

Follow right arrows to "Christiana"
I give up, attempts at leaving a link are all corrupted.

https://www.jaysmith.com/Lists/Norw...-Stamps.html
Edited by rod222 - 07/08/2020 8:15 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29781 Posts
Posted 07/09/2020   05:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Norway Lions.
Scott Type A16
1937 v 1940 (Wmk v Unwmk)

Well I gave up, I ran 100 random, stamps through Wmk fluid,
Not 1 evidenced a single Posthorn wmk.
After drying, placed the 100 in water, nothing.

Only difference I could make, is paper, some have translucent, others thicker white paper.
I do not see any reference on the internet, with similar difficulties
"Big Blue" mentions it.
Good luck with your experience.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29781 Posts
Posted 07/10/2020   3:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Norway. Postmarks.

Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 3,330Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05