Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unique Us 220B (With Pf Cert) Ebay Auction - Thoughts?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Valued Member
Canada
51 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   8:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add imodius to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What do you think of this one? This one might not the inking variety though. It might have a "notch" but it is not "spots". Is the "cap on right 2" non trivial enough to mention though? I think "spots" is nicer than this one.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 05/02/2019   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hsolly to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the old so-called relief break G in the Stanton and Sollenberger materials, not a true relief break again! It generally goes with inking issues elsewhere on the copy. The quality of this stamp is so bad that inking issues are hard to see. But, it appears that the shoulder lines and the both right and left ovals have ink gaps. Looks like this copy was soaked over night in dish water!
Valued Member
Canada
51 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   02:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add imodius to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is not as nice as the other one. I did notice that there are "spots" indeed on the inside of both ovals...I checked it today in fluid. No watermark, small tear, creased and 1/2 of about 15000. There are not many relief break on right 2 certified either. How much is relief break going for in auction?
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tip: This is a banknote issue, not a bureau issue. Banknote issues were not issued on watermarked paper so there is no need to check them for watermarks.
Valued Member
Canada
51 Posts
Posted 05/04/2019   6:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add imodius to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If your stamp does not have the inking imperfection then it is not of the variety "Cap on right 2". This guys is hilarious, now he shows an uncertified debatable stamp that looks less like an inking imperfection and more like someone's modification of 220C. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2306113316...ue#itemTitle as a counter example to his one and only...LMAO he should set his price at a million.
Valued Member
Canada
51 Posts
Posted 05/04/2019   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add imodius to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are those blind perfs on the PF cert?
Valued Member
Canada
51 Posts
Posted 11/17/2019   10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add imodius to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamp I posted came back certified genuine. I noticed that some people do not realize the uniqueness of stamps certified inking imperfection yet not "Cap On Right 2". I like them both. Here is the Cert. This one must have been more noteworthy than "spots" to the variety.

Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 11/17/2019   11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hsolly to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The cert was issued before the PF got new equipment. New will show left cap is covered. The cert merely says the stamp is a genuine stamp - yes it is, but "messed with." When will we get past this fraud!!!!! See USSS article on the Latta 2-cent cap about this cap issue. Written by me - Harold Sollenberger. This fraud stamp has the characteristics of a double cap stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
510 Posts
Posted 11/18/2019   09:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a variation of this for a mere $10,000!

Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05