Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Forgeries Here.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28458 Posts
Posted 03/23/2018   04:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

German State.
Brunswick.

Forgery ID kindly offered by "Revstampman"
(The genuine, no letters in the scroll join)

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
6774 Posts
Posted 03/23/2018   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will have to get (find) my book I made with forgery's and maybe post some pictures..They are just Canada and Provinces.

Robert
4 Posts
Posted 03/24/2018   8:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add brightonpete to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was specializing in the Centennial Definitives. I never went too deep into EFO's but one item I purchased (details long forgotten) was this "9959" fluorescent overprint. It does look faked to me...

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3521 Posts
Posted 03/25/2018   11:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At the end of the listings of the Berlin 1956 definitive series, the Michel Deutschland-Spezial catalog mentions this "Sogenannte Probedruck Der MiNr. 147" (so-called proof of Mi. 147) as a forgery to fool collectors.

It is an excellent letterpress-printed fake, but as you can see, it is a bit small than the genuine stamp.

Valued Member
410 Posts
Posted 04/26/2018   2:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dynamode to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wert. If you have found your book of BNA forgeries, would be great to see them.

What do you think of this Newfoundland 54 with an extra line of perfs ?. The perfs all round are Kiusalas 12-65 and the extra row looks to match exactly. It also has a blue horizontal line across the values, and appears to be signed.

Forgery or genuine foldover ?.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3521 Posts
Posted 07/17/2018   6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found this "replica" cover on eBay many years ago. It may fool a person in semi-darkness, but it is very clean with no return address. Stamp paper is cream-colored, perfs don't gauge correctly, and printing is not so sharp, as shown in comparison to a genuine stamp

Cover was very cheap, and sold as a replica. Some forgeries/replicas of West German stamps of the same period.are much closer to the originals.

SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
240 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   1:39 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For Forged Nova Scotia overprints on Canadian Bill Stamps, follow this link to my blog area on my site. Fortunate enough, I sold all the forged ones to a forgery collector. Looking at scans is never enough. They all look legitimate at first glance. This is information that is good to know!

https://www.morelandrevenuestamps.c...Real-or-Fake
Moreland Revenue Stamps
Specializing in Canadian Revenues
Also Canada / USA EFO's
www.morelandrevenuestamps.com

Pillar Of The Community
United States
615 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an example of a Federal Bill Stamp Proof Forgery recently bought from eBay.

This was received with four other fakes. If you would like to see a write up describing the fakes see this BNAPS link:

http://www.bnaps.org/hhl/newsletter...ition-rx.pdf

Pillar Of The Community
6774 Posts
Posted 08/17/2018   2:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice buy Mike.

Did read your PDF and loved it..Anyone out here, read Mike's write up and others he has done on BNAPS...You will learn a lot.

Robert
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
189 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha I too have the suez canal forgeries. But bought them as that.. forgeries. I think mine is one of the facsimile sheets.

Also have a nice set from argentina.. Sold as a 'reprint' ..
Bought as a forgery...

Pillar Of The Community
6774 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
lostandfound

Were they sold as forgeries...Or did you find it out yourself..???

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
742 Posts
Posted 01/28/2020   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This looked suspicious to me a while back...

Maybe it was the beard...
Pillar Of The Community
6774 Posts
Posted 01/28/2020   4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
HAHA...sak...Good one.

Robert
Here is one that may or may not be a forgery...All though it looks authentic.

Unitrade Newfoundland Scott 134 recognized as BROWN/VIOLET.
N.S.S.C. Newfoundland 126 recognized as BROWN/VIOLET.

Now look at my stamp on the left as compared to my stamp on the right.
Right stamp BROWN/VIOLET
Left stamp VIOLET

Either the BROWN was left out, or maybe a forgery...If it IS a forgery, it is well done...OPINION

Edited by wert - 01/28/2020 4:30 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28458 Posts
Posted 02/09/2020   12:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Posted Wrong forum
Edited by rod222 - 02/09/2020 01:00 am
Pillar Of The Community
6774 Posts
Posted 02/16/2020   11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
dynamode
Your Scott 54 Newfoundland seal stamp looks to me more like a Scott 55.
I know monitors and scanners are most times funny with colours.

BTW..Would love to have that in my Newfoundland collections...Great stamp dynamode.

Mike..Very nice Federal Bill Stamp Proof Forgery
Robert
Edited by wert - 02/16/2020 12:02 pm
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05