Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Whats in your Library?  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38
Valued Member
United Kingdom
63 Posts
Posted 05/17/2018   03:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Crikey! That'll take some reading and take up some shelf space too. I'm culling some of the magazines I've got as our new house is a good deal smaller than the one we used to have!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23611 Posts
Posted 05/17/2018   06:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm culling some of the magazines

If I was in old blighty, I'd be knocking on your door.......
Valued Member
United Kingdom
7 Posts
Posted 05/18/2018   05:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Forceuk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!! I have inherited my father's philatelic literature collection to add to my own and probably have 200+ books but still not a quarter of the ones that have been shown.
I used to work in the history department of Foyle's Bookshop on Charing Cross Road, London. My colleague and I established a weekly competition and the winner was proudly placed in the stand for "Obscure Book Title of the Week". We would never have run out of titles if we had included philately!
When the baby wakes up I will reach the bookshelf behind to photograph my two favourites and add them on.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
7 Posts
Posted 05/18/2018   10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Forceuk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My favourites at the moment:

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2430 Posts
Posted 05/19/2018   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
752 Posts
Posted 05/19/2018   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My library is extensive. It would take days, literally, to list everything in it. Here's a few items to give you an idea...

American Philatelic Congress (1935-2017 - missing only 4 volumes)
American Philatelist (1950-present - missing two issues)
Scott U.S. Specialized Catalogues (1998-2018, with other from 1868 up)
R.L. White's Color Guides for U.S. Stamps
R.L. White's Paper and Gums of U.S. Stamps
Max Johl's four volume set of U.S. Stamps of the 20th Century
Brookman 3 volume
Travers Papers
Multiple books on cancellations including Cole, Skinner, Weiss and Simpson
First edition Proofs and Essays signed by Brazer

Basically, if it is about U.S. stamps of any kind, I've got something in my library. It fills six plus bookcases.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1880 Posts
Posted 05/20/2018   06:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This finally showed up after being ordered almost a year ago.

Al
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23611 Posts
Posted 05/20/2018   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This finally showed up after being ordered almost a year ago.

Wow. You must have thought it never arriving.
Did you order in advance of print, Al?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1880 Posts
Posted 05/20/2018   7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered off it eBay. After 4+ weeks, I contacted seller. I paid for registered mail and he supposedly shipped again (last fall). It arrive this week and postmark was March 2018.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1955 Posts
Posted 06/30/2018   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received another shipment from Philabooks this morning:

Handbuch Luftpost Freie Stadt Danzig (Handbook of Free City of Danzig Airmail)

This handbook is thick. It actually has entries in chronological order covering almost 50 years of airmail history.

140 Jahre Briefmarkenkunde in Frankfurt am Main (140 years of Philately in Frankfurt am Main)

And finally, this 2-volume monster -- Europäer in Deutsch-Südwestafrika, ein "Who is Who" von 1884 bis 1919 (Europeans in German Southwest Africa, a "Who's Who" from 1884 to 1919).

These 2 volumes contain a list of all Europeans known to have lived in German Southwest Africa.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Valued Member
United Kingdom
63 Posts
Posted 07/01/2018   12:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I never cease to be surprised at the amount of research someone has put in to areas of knowledge that sometimes seem almost unresearchable. Somewhere somebody is finding out about something you never even thought there was any information about and then maybe a brief pamphlet will appear or as in the cases above a mighty tome! It always reminds me of Sherlock Holmes and his pamphlet on the dufferent types of cigar ash
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23611 Posts
Posted 07/01/2018   02:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Rare books I should think Postmaster.
There goes another hit to the overdraft.

I don't visit Philabooks often, too much envy.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4536 Posts
Posted 07/02/2018   12:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely selection of books being shown in here. It is really mind blogging when you think of the number of books that are available and on practically every topic.

Chimo

Bujutsu
Page: of 38 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05