Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unitrade 75VIIi On Cover ?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 5,485Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6394 Posts
Posted 01/13/2015   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stallzer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Might be, might not be but the lower right numeral is very similar to the image shown in Unitrade.

The cover

The Stamp

LR numeral

Send note to Staff

Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/13/2015   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stallzer...Your stamp is a match for Unitrade 75viii...Maybe send it off to Ralph at re-entries.com to be sure..NICE FIND...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6394 Posts
Posted 01/13/2015   8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wish my scanner would cooperate and let me enlarge the numeral.....
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/13/2015   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey stallzer...You got to get yourself a USB microscope...
Here is an example how close you can get (even closer)..See map stamp numeral below.

Edited by wert - 01/13/2015 9:12 pm
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 01/15/2015   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not have a newer catalogue than 2005, and the picture in 2005 of 75iii seems to me to be showing 75ix instead of 75iii, so no way there for me to compare. I do not have one myself.

However . . .

Your picture seems to show ink pull or drag from the bottoms of the numeral ones, maybe some dots in the right hand numeral box (may be the cancel), some green engraved nicks or slips (retouches) in the 'O' and "N' af ONE, as well as a nick outwards on the top of the left numeral one, and a nick or two upwards on the right numeral one.

Valued Member
Canada
228 Posts
Posted 01/15/2015   2:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scottamer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stallzer: although your scan is less than ideal, you have clearly found the misplaced entry (identified as 75viii in Unitrade 2015) and shown in detail at re-entries.com as "#75 Major Misplaced Entry 3". In addition to the marks in the numeral box, your full stamp image clearly shows the line arc that begins at the top of the E in CENTS and runs downwards to the right until it shows below the design. Nice find! Your copy seems to show the details better than the version on Ralph Trimble's site: http://www.re-entries.com/misplaced...numeral.html

wert: What USB microscope do you use? In another post, your image of it looked like the Celestron 44302-B which I see on Amazon.ca for less than $60. How do you use it with stamps? It seems to have a stand that would make it somewhat hard to maneuver a stamp around. Does it provide a live video feed to the PC for interactive flyspecking or do you have to take images to see one at a time on the PC screen? I am quite the techie guy but have never played with one of these devices.
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/15/2015   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scottamer..Here is the USB microscope and the program I used..Very easy to use.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6394 Posts
Posted 01/15/2015   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
your full stamp image clearly shows the line arc that begins at the top of the E in CENTS and runs downwards to the right until it shows below the design.

Thanks Scottamer, I had completely missed that, here is a scan of the arc I think you're referring to.

Valued Member
Canada
228 Posts
Posted 01/15/2015   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scottamer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stallzer: That is indeed the arc line I am referring to. Nice find on cover.

wert: Looks like you do have the USB microscope I was referring to. Does it give a live image on the PC screen as you move it around or do you need to take a picture to see it on the computer screen? The text on the scanner makes it look like it only does 10X or 150X magnification. Yet the description I see everywhere mentions 10X to 40X plus 150X. Does it actually have a range of magnifications between 10X and 40X in addition to the 150X setting?
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/15/2015   9:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Scottamer...At least with the program I use it gives live feed and can be tilted or moved up or down (which gives you the 10x to 150x)...Found things that a normal scanner just didn't pick up...Well worth the money.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6394 Posts
Posted 01/16/2015   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sent the images to re-entries.com, will report back when I get a reply.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2757 Posts
Posted 01/16/2015   6:57 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got the same microscope for Xmas as well. Works really nice and can be had on Amazon for under $40 now at least in the U.S.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1338 Posts
Posted 01/16/2015   8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How does this scope compare to the pro-scope (from Bodelin)?
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/16/2015   8:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
About $400.00 less Gilles le timbre...HAHA
Mine does everything I need to do.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6394 Posts
Posted 01/17/2015   06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Confirmation from re-entries.com, it is verified to be the 75viii major misplaced entry. Also, since I got off track with that stamp I was informed that the first stamp is also a major re-entry although much more common. He said it was the same as #11 on his site but I see no picture of it. Anyways, a very scarce find on cover I guess so this one just got promoted from cover box to 3 ring binder for protection.

Thanks all.
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/17/2015   09:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great find stallzer...NICE....
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 5,485Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05