Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unitrade 75VIIi On Cover ?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 5,334Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
704 Posts
Posted 01/17/2015   10:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi stallzer, Very nice cover. I would like to share one of mine. The pair of stamps on my cover show one major re-entry, Ralph Trimble's #8 and a more common re-entry on the other.

The Cover:

Left Stamp Showing Major Re-entry (Ralph Trimble's #8):

Top of Major Re-entry:

Bottom of Major Rer-entry:

Right Stamp with Re-entry:

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
7742 Posts
Posted 01/17/2015   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice cover watermark...Your letter was addressed to Robert Evens Seed Company which is now Connon Nurseries about 15 miles from where I live and is still much in business today..3 outlets and the closest is in Waterdown, Ontario..Picture below.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6386 Posts
Posted 01/18/2015   05:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice cover watermark. I was wondering how common it was seeing 2 - 1 stamps to pay the rate as opposed to 1 -2 stamp and apparently more common than I thought.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6386 Posts
Posted 04/26/2022   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well 7 years later I finally got around to sending it to the VGG Foundation and I have received an opinion and I must say I'm confused.

I thought I clearly had the 75viii and I sent it to the re-entry site where Ralph confirmed it. Here is the cert I received.

The right stamp has the major misplaced entry. I'm not sure how to interpret this.

1. It states Canada Scott No. 75, 75 variety used on cover.......

So, do I read this as the first 75 is the left stamp and the 2nd 75 is the right stamp? They state there is a variety but unitrade lists more than 1 variety. Scott is used as a reference but Scott does not list a variety for this stamp.

2. "Right stamp having unrecorded re-entry in lower right corner"

Am I to assume this is in addition to the "variety"? I submitted as being a 75viii but that is not found anywhere on the cert.

Thoughts?

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8032 Posts
Posted 04/26/2022   5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would give them a call if that is possible. It seems a bit unclear to say the least And also strange they do not use a Unitrade number?

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 04/26/2022 5:59 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1239 Posts
Posted 04/26/2022   6:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, confusingly written to be sure.

The 75, 75 variety would be left (75) and right (75 var) stamps. I read this as saying they have identified the right stamp has being a re-entry not mentioned in Scott/Unitrade, as opposed to being 75viii. Clarification needed I agree.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6386 Posts
Posted 05/05/2022   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would give them a call if that is possible

I did call them and spoke to the Lady there and explained my confusion. She suggested I email my concerns to them which I did. No answer after a 9 days.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6386 Posts
Posted 08/05/2022   12:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I did receive a reply from the VGG and they have asked me to re-send the cover to look at again........

They did state there would be no charge so off it goes again.

Hopefully they get it right this time.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 5,334Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05