Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Engraver Signed Souvenir Cards  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
99 Posts
Posted 02/24/2015   6:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add landstuhl0526 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know of anywhere on the internet that I can find information about souvenir engraver signature signed cards? I am having a tough go at finding any information. The souvenir cards are all from Monaco and are all Roosevelt. circa 1948-1952. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 12 in total all different but the one posted below is just one for an example. Thanks!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
636 Posts
Posted 02/24/2015   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add graphis to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It appears to be a die proof of an air mail stamp issued in 1946 ...signed by one of the engravers Charles Paul Dufresne.

Any chance of posting images of the others?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by graphis - 02/24/2015 9:45 pm
Valued Member
99 Posts
Posted 02/24/2015   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add landstuhl0526 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the only other ones that I have on me right now. I will attempt to get more/better photos in the morning. This is 8 more on top of the other one that I posted earlier. Thanks!

Pillar Of The Community
1837 Posts
Posted 02/25/2015   02:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They're all die proffs of the 1946 Ṃnaco issue, signed by the autor. Very common, and collected, on the French area.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 02/25/2015   03:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Search for 'Epreuve D'Artiste'(artists proofs - EPA). These are one of the ways that French printed engraved stamps are issued along with regular proofs and deluxe proofs (EPL) which have all the proofs from that issued set on a single sheet. Prices vary but generally they are sought after items for the best engravers as they are issued in very small numbers.

There are some for sale here to give you an idea of prices.

http://www.philatelie-berck.com/fr/189-epreuves
Valued Member
99 Posts
Posted 02/25/2015   11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add landstuhl0526 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05