Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newfoundland Collection Lighthouse Pages (Nearcomplete)

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 6,984Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
670 Posts
Posted 03/12/2015   1:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert,

I could be wrong but the information I have (from wikipedia) has Newfoundland as a Colony from 1853 when Sir Humprhey Gilbert claimed it for Queen Elizabeth. It became a Dominion in 1907. In 1933, due to economics, it went back to be part of Britain with a council of Brits overseeing it. The Confederation with Canada in 1949.

Love your page though
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7603 Posts
Posted 03/12/2015   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tommy...Now I got to go back and change everything...

Thanks tommy, for that info.

Robert
Valued Member
Denmark
435 Posts
Posted 03/12/2015   3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClassicalStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For those interested in forgeries, I have gathered 100 images of forgeries compared to genuine here:

http://stampforgeries.com/forged-st...ewfoundland/

In the early issues, there are some very dangerous ones you should be wary of.
Pillar Of The Community
7603 Posts
Posted 03/12/2015   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ClassicalStamps...Very well put together we site..Answer me this..I was looking at say Nova Scotia..are all the stamps you posted fakes or are they real and you are waiting for some one to send you images of fakes to bring them together.

Robert
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32508 Posts
Posted 03/03/2017   8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Chapeau! Tommy.
Fabulous collection.
Admire the way you collect, great Album pages,
like the way you hinge your blocks, B.o.b. etc, a very informative collection.

I'll use this thread often for reference.

I have a mixed collection, not being able to afford the rarities, mixed Lighthouse, Steiner Pages, Clear mounts (Open top) and Hawid. (Open top)

My similar LEUCHTTURM Page 19 (Scanner Epson Perfection V200 photo)

The 7c shows a good example of an inferior hinge gum staining.

Valued Member
Canada
215 Posts
Posted 03/03/2017   11:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northener0 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tommy did you ever finish it, please update this is beautiful.
God Bless Stamps and Beer.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
667 Posts
Posted 03/05/2017   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jimjung to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice collection Tommy. Thanks for uploading. Here's a scan to add to this thread. A Major Re-entry of the Early 1d stamp. Of course, my two cents is always a re-entry of some kind ...

Rod - that Long Coronation Issue is a good one to look for re-entries and plate flaws. Many to be had.

Edited by jimjung - 03/05/2017 11:48 am
Pillar Of The Community
7603 Posts
Posted 03/05/2017   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful stamp Jim..Here is a NON re-entry for those who would just like to compare and see what Jim has there.

Robert

rod222...This stamps below that you have also come in these perforations.

12.5x12.5
12.5x12.8
12.8x12.8
12.8x12.5

Edited by wert - 03/05/2017 12:59 pm
Valued Member
United States
29 Posts
Posted 03/07/2017   11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add telchar to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very Impressive Tommy! I'm just beginning my Newfoundland collection and I can see I have a very long way to go! Thanks for the images of you pages, and thanks to other for the links to information on the net!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
670 Posts
Posted 04/15/2017   12:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I love this two stamps above JimJong and Wert

To those of you who asked : my collection above is basically finished (except for the 7-8 very expensive ones). I've added a few oddities (like an Aniline example that I found at the BNAPS show).

Instead, I have turned to a Don Quixote quest, which many have pronounced me to be crazy : I'm trying to get an example of all the issues above but on use on a cover. I've been adding heaps of those, looking for single or multiple use. And focusing on initially on the 1857 to 1919 period and First Flight Covers. I hope that I am allowed to do this, but here is the website where I have posted the images. Its a "Beta" and I have more work to do to redesign the layout to make it more user friendly. But it does have about 80 of my covers with about 250 more to uploaded.

Enjoy and I hope sharing this link is not in violation of the SCF rules. http://newfoundlandcovers.org This is a hobby not designed to be profitable
Pillar Of The Community
United States
670 Posts
Posted 11/22/2019   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Someone recently asked about this, so bringing it back up to top

Hopefully not oversharing
Pillar Of The Community
7603 Posts
Posted 11/22/2019   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tommy
Silly question...Have you checked your dog stamps..Scott 56, 56a, 57 and 58 for the constant variety ""dog scratch"" stamps..???

Robert

Edited by wert - 11/22/2019 12:45 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
670 Posts
Posted 11/22/2019   1:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tommy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert--You should trademark that. Its famous

Thanks for being a pest--I just checked my 20+ stamps and do NOT have one
Edited by tommy - 11/22/2019 6:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
880 Posts
Posted 11/22/2019   6:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for reviving this for our viewing pleasure, beautiful collection! About the only thing my modest Nfld collection has in common with yours is the Lighthouse pages :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1565 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice collection !!! And definitely no, you are not oversharing. I don't check the Canada section very often and I missed this the first time around.

My Newfie collection is on Scott International blank quadrille pages and not really close to yours in completion or quality.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 6,984Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05