Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Plate Number Coil Collectors Out There?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 10,893Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1233 Posts
Posted 02/23/2016   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gierhead: The 915 number is for a strip of 500 ... the 904 number is for a roll of 10K.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2687 Posts
Posted 02/23/2016   9:29 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
and I am dumb enough to be getting a strip of 2000 from the inside of a roll so I can get a 4 digit set of backnumbers, a 3 digit set of back numbers, and who knows what I will get in the 2 digit section.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/27/2019   2:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dwwjr56 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What ever became of this project?
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
Posted 04/28/2019   02:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
dwwjr56,

The project became sidetracked as my life became a bit complicated. I'm currently finishing work on a website to showcase my entire collection including PNCs. Once launched, I'll integrate the material I've been gathering for PNCs and expand the site. I recently went from being employed as a full-time software engineer to launching my own business, so now I have significantly more time to work on the project. I hope to post an update here soon.

Thanks,

Scott
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 12/27/2019   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gierhead to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a PNC / end ( or start ) of coil stamp. First for me . I collect both used single PNCs and end ( or start ) of coil stamps. So this one fits into both collections. It will probably be a long time until I find another. Are there others out there?

Edited by Gierhead - 12/27/2019 4:33 pm
United States
4 Posts
Posted 01/06/2020   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petvet to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
M
Nice find! I have never seen that combination before.
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
Posted 01/08/2020   11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gierhead,

Glad to see that you're collecting the PNC end or start stamps, I'm not aware of anybody else collecting them. I've seen a few used singles in the past but I don't collect them. I recently decided to collect PNC singles of purple machine cancels (PMCs) as an addition to my regular PNC collection. I think it's great that we can branch out and build on our existing collections. Keep at it!!
Member APS #174069, PNC3 #2386, AFDCS #29532O, PSS #8418
Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org)
Coil Line (club newsletter) Editor & Webmaster
Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 01/09/2020   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gierhead to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Petvet + Walkman82,
Thanks for the responses. I feel very lucky to have stumbled across this oddball stamp. Rare? Maybe. Valuable? Only if somebody thinks so. But like I said earlier, it fits well into both my PNC used singles AND end/start coil stamps.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 10,893Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05