Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Direction For My Pc Collection.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 9,407Next Topic
Page: of 2
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 06/02/2015   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The one on eBay now has no arrows.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 06/03/2015   11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
oldguy:

Outstanding!

Q/ Did you know the mountain, or did you get a search hit?

(I did not bother googling the image, on the theory that all those mountain ranges look alike.)

Thanks very much for the ID.

Puzzler: the upper 'arrow' looks like a water/chem spot on the negative; the lower 'arrow' corresponds to a clearing, though its outline is unusually clear in the RPP image.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 06/04/2015   8:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another RPP I struggled with: the "Convento De San Angel" ... which did not google well for me, so to speak.

The publisher's logo puts them in Mexico City: M.R.MARTINEZ // XOCHICAIJALA 51 // COYOACAN DF

("Coyoacán refers to one of the 16 boroughs of the Federal District of Mexico City as well as the former village which is now the borough's historic center.") Sadly, I got nowhere with variations of the street name.

http://www.todocoleccion.net/postal...ca~x18315992 ... clearly the same fountain, in the same coutryard (on the same patio), but identified here as the "Patio del Ex Convento del Carmen" ...

... which would be fine, but the Ex Convento del Carmen images I found on a slew of websites show very different fountains in very different patios ... and never show 'my' fountain.

Not to coin a phrase, but 'when does it get easy'?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1297 Posts
Posted 06/05/2015   08:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great slogan cancel on this 1913 or 1923 Bermuda postcard:

Edited by stampfan9 - 06/05/2015 10:08 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1297 Posts
Posted 06/10/2015   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Vintage city view postcard of Valparaiso Chile to show:

Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 06/11/2015   11:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An ethnographic RPP of 'indigenous flute players' in Peru.

Bonus I: Nice handwriting, Bertha!

Bonus II: the Correos del Peru Chavin Huacos stamp printed by Waterlow & Sons, London. "Chavin Huacos are Pre-Columbian (Pre-Hispanic) ceremonial vessels which have been unearthed in various Inca ruins and sites of other Peruvian cultures ..."

http://www.ccimports.com/public/Chavin_Huacos.html ... more

Those MNHOG stamps I don't collect give better scan!

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1297 Posts
Posted 06/12/2015   05:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Americas are inhabited by so many truly wonderful cultures and peoples.
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 10/05/2015   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Posted in Mexico with a Mexican stamp, but ...

... does anyone recognize this city street?

http://goscf.com/t/43446#375480 ... oldguy sure nailed an earlier one (above) ... can he do it again?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 10/17/2015   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Prohibition (1920-1933) was over by the time Curt-Teich published this card (the s/n dates it to 1935), but Mexico was probably still a favored destination for boozey vacations.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 10/18/2015   12:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice "one point perspective". Combined with the limited palette, this linen card has a kind of surreal feel to it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
851 Posts
Posted 10/18/2015   09:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rustyc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like quite a sophisticated crowd for a Tijuana beer hall.
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 10/18/2015   09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
People used to dress to go out. Gonna guess this is mostly an LAX crowd.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1297 Posts
Posted 04/22/2016   03:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From Costa Rica, a nice modern postcard with a neat Airmail stamp:

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 9,407Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05