Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wwtt: What Were They Thinking? #1

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,649Next Topic  
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 05/18/2015   10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
WWTT: What Were They Thinking? #1 in a series ;)

My father was fond of walking his kids thru art museums.

When my brother was little, my father would take him and a roll of nickels (it was the 1950s) to a museum and, every time my brother correctly named the artist, he got a nickel.

I was walked thru a variety of art museums, too, but I do not remember my father showing me anything like this.

This painting was chosen by the Belgians to expose the world to Belgian culture. WWTT?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2010 Posts
Posted 05/18/2015   11:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheArtfulHinger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess they were thinking that they had a sense of humor. For about a quarter of a second I didn't notice anything *too* awful until I saw the bare bottom at lower right. I'm still giggling.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2751 Posts
Posted 05/19/2015   09:20 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cheeky!
Valued Member
Canada
77 Posts
Posted 05/19/2015   10:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add medoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I went to expo67 in Montreal. I don't remember that painting.
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 05/19/2015   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... I went to expo67 in Montreal. I don't remember that painting ...

And you would think that you would!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
765 Posts
Posted 05/19/2015   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add guykickinit to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What about the guy vomiting in the bottom left corner!!
I think this picture shows that Belgians are drunks! Any current company excluded of course!
Member COPC.
Redmond, OR 97756 Mailer's Postmark Permit #1
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2010 Posts
Posted 05/19/2015   1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheArtfulHinger to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think this painting is proof that, instead of being accidentally discovered by Albert Hoffman in 1938, LSD was in fact being used in 17th century Europe.
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
886 Posts
Posted 05/19/2015   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WWTT? That ``Manneken Pis`` would be too offensive

Quote:
On occasion, the statue is hooked up to a keg of beer. Cups will be filled up with the beer flowing from the statue and given out to people passing by.

MANNEKEN PIS - Wikipedia
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,649Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05