Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guess The Seller Didn't Get As Much As He Wanted............

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 6,347Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community

United States
681 Posts
Posted 05/28/2015   4:58 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 1typesetter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anybody else experienced this?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1126 Posts
Posted 05/28/2015   5:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Al E. Gator to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a winning bid cancelled just before an item ended. It was an item that the "Cartel" group was selling. Guess they didn't want to let it go for that price.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
660 Posts
Posted 05/28/2015   10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just now got a cancellation notice! Never happened before. http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stamps-M...:BCS:US:3160

"We're sorry to let you know that nycchen8668 canceled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or can't fulfill the order for another reason.

The seller refunded $39.00 back to your original payment method, and you don't need to do anything else."
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5470 Posts
Posted 05/28/2015   11:45 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1typesetter, did he just cancel the purchase without any other communication whatsoever? Then I would leave him negative feedback.

Canceling without any communication first is the sign of a scammer or seller's remorse being unhappy with the price it received. If it were a legitimate item lost/damaged/etc., the sellew would have contacted you first prior to canceling.

I was watching this lot, and the $5 imperf is where all the value lies, IMO.
Valued Member
United States
81 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   02:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BettyAnn to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've has seven cancellations in the last six or so weeks. It's VERY aggravating and as I've not won anything over $25 it's even more so. A bigger or more valuable lot I can understand better but why alienate buyers for what amounts to pocket money when it comes to the stamps catagory?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6567 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   04:58 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree that negative feedback is the least that should be provided - this is immoral and should be exposed as such. Of course, I've blanched at seeing some items go at prices far below what I'd expected them to fetch, but my response is to send the item, add a congratulatory element to my note to the buyer and learn from the experience.
Valued Member
China
304 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   05:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TomSwift to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I joined eBay back in 1998 and my very first purchase was for the Canada King George V "Scroll" Issue, the one with the Bluenose in it. It was a mint set and I won it for $25.00, which was amazing. The next day after I won he simply cancelled it, saying he didn't get enough for it. When I complained he posted my only negative comment ever. "Buyer thought he could get something for nothing". I was pissed for a long time.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
681 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   07:27 am  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1typesetter, did he just cancel the purchase without any other communication whatsoever? Then I would leave him negative feedback.

Yes, just plain cancelled even though the listing said the buyer was out of town until June 1.

Quote:
I was watching this lot, and the $5 imperf is where all the value lies, IMO.

Yes, it definitely looked legit to me. Anyway, if the seller was unhappy with the price, he should have put a reserve on it.

I have also had the experience on both sides of the fence...getting something relatively inexpensively and also selling at a price far below what I was expecting. It's the chance you take.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1033 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   08:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add duncanvr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with 1typesetter seller should have a reserve price if he does not want to let it go for less than a certain amount. Or start his auction at the price he wants for it. If that happened to me seller cancelled order because they did not get enough money for it I would report the seller to eBay, leave negative and never buy from that seller again. They should not be allowed to cancel orders because they did not get enough money for it. Very bad selling practice to do that.
Pillar Of The Community
1435 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Earlier this week I had a BIN item that I paid for refunded because the item was no longer available. Today I see the same item back for sale, same vendor, but at a higher price. I may go the negative feedback route, but is there a way of contacting eBay directly to complain about this?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2757 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   09:37 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay sellers who cancel sales after an auction automatically receive a negative strike from eBay. It's part of the defect system. The sellers who keep pulling sold items from orders are only hurting themselves and if they do it too many times eBay will limit their activity, remove their top rated status and/or ban them.
Edited by Battlestamps - 05/29/2015 09:37 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2757 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   09:39 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
blcjr: A strike to the seller's defect rate would be more efficient than complaining to the deaf ears of eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
1435 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   10:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
eBay sellers who cancel sales after an auction automatically receive a negative strike from eBay. It's part of the defect system. The sellers who keep pulling sold items from orders are only hurting themselves and if they do it too many times eBay will limit their activity, remove their top rated status and/or ban them

How is this "negative strike" made known to buyers. I ask, because the seller I am dealing with still has a 100% favorable rating after cancelling my purchase and relisting the item. A couple of images:

He's still using the same time stamped photo of the item. And he still has his 100% favorable rating.

I've sent a message to him, seeking "his side of the story." In thousands of eBay purchases, I don't think I've ever left a negative feedback. Maybe this will be the first time?

Basil
Valued Member
United States
41 Posts
Posted 05/29/2015   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Columbian12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The "defect rate" strikes are explained here:

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinforma...andards.html

Valued Member
United States
135 Posts
Posted 05/30/2015   2:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add qaman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
only had one thing cancelled seller could not find the item. Two weeks later he contacted me, he found it and put it back on BIN so I bought it same price as original.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2055 Posts
Posted 05/30/2015   3:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just now got a cancellation notice! Never happened before. http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stamps-M...:BCS:US:3160

He doesn't sell much- mainly a buyer. I'm sure he was hoping for more than face value, but despite using two shill accounts he didn't get there.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 6,347Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05