Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unknown Stamp Identification

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 2,014Next Topic  
Valued Member

15 Posts
Posted 07/22/2015   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Spartacus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all stamp fans!
I am new to this forum, but it seemed nice.I sold my brother my old stamp album for $5. I have a newer version, with copies of all the stamps, so don't worry. We were looking through and found a stamp worth $375. Anyway, we found a stamp that didn't match any descriptions.It is brown and I only found one picture of it. Can anyone identify it, I don't know if it's a misprint or not. It is not in my brand new catalog. Here it is:

If you need a better picture say so and I'll take a better one.
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
8267 Posts
Posted 07/22/2015   5:21 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The color of the stamp is orange. What you have is called a 'color changeling', the orange has changed color over time to the shade you see now.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 07/22/2015   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't provide a catalog number, but it is badly sulfidized (I think that's the term). It's actually an orange stamp.

Robert
Valued Member
15 Posts
Posted 07/22/2015   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Spartacus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, okay! I suspected something like that for a second, but quickly said no. I now have future reference. Ps you are so fast at responding to new posts. Thanks for the help! ;)
Valued Member
United States
437 Posts
Posted 07/22/2015   6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rdavid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you show us a scan of the $375 stamp? Thanks
United States
2 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   07:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Travis1508 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4961 Posts
Posted 06/12/2019   08:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fairly comprehensively damaged, I'm afraid.
Valued Member
116 Posts
Posted 06/13/2019   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philatomic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spartacus,

Just curious which variety of the 1 cent Franklin stamp you believe you have and where you're getting a value of $375. AFAIK there are three possibilities, the most valuable of which has a maximum value of $250 used but only if still on cover.
Learn More...
8267 Posts
Posted 06/13/2019   9:16 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is an older thread that got 'bumped', Spartacus has not logged on in almost 4 years...
Don
Valued Member
116 Posts
Posted 06/13/2019   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philatomic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Didn't notice.
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 06/14/2019   09:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Eye4sea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Any guesses on this Unidentified Stamp.
It kinda looks like it might of said post on bottom and a number 1 lower mid area, but you stair to long and you start seeing all kinds of stuff. It's like one of those psychology ink blots you look at >>>>> i.e., if subject sees a man in a hat dancing to Wolfgang symphony # 9, upon a mountain as his dog humms the back ground melody, the patient is likely excessive compulsive right hemisphere yet, audibly inclined if he sees aa #2, a fast learner thou pron to hast;wast;dominated by a sense.. ~yada~yada~yada'
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
Posted 06/14/2019   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

British Guiana 2-cent magenta?

Oh, wait. The corners are not clipped.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 2,014Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05