Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Difference Between The Scott 205 And Scott 205 C?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5790 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When it comes to something like this the only real ways to tell are to compare side by side with a certified copy or to have it examined for certification by a leading institution like the Philatelic foundation.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
7727 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   2:28 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a large mark on his shirt and around the '5'.
Don
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shingo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's 2 more improved photos with some back light. I see the "5" is smudged a bit and top left perforation has small mark bit I'm really trying to see postage mark. There is no indication of any glue ever being on back...it's just clean paper with hint of a hinge. Sorry...I'm new to this and maybe my eyes aren't trained yet.

Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   2:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Shingo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! You have eagle eyes. I thought that was just shading for his shirt. I guess that confirms it?
Learn More...
7727 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   3:03 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am looking at an image, do not have the stamp in hand, and am only a hobbyist; my opinion does not confirm it.

You can send it in for a certification at PSE http://psestamp.com/ or PF http://www.philatelicfoundation.org/ for confirmation.
Don
Valued Member
Learn More...
299 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StateRevs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
http://retroreveal.org/

Try RetroReveal and use a flatbed scanner instead of a phone for your picture.

I see what looks like a canx - that is the mark on your upper left perf.

Looks like a used, canceled 205 to me, but I am a revenue collector
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05