Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Request For Information On A Bahama Pc Specimen

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,863Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 08/23/2015   6:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stampalotapus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A while ago I acquired the below Specimen PC...

Can anyone here please share what they may know about the above item?

Your kind attention & reply to the above will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stampalotapus
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2415 Posts
Posted 08/23/2015   7:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGB to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamp, you sure have a lot of interesting items you don't seem to know anything about! Hahaha!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2415 Posts
Posted 08/23/2015   7:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGB to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 08/23/2015   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampalotapus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, we cephalopods are in deep and are usually in the dark (ocean that is).

Thank you again KGB for guiding to the related item.

However it does appear that most such items as pictured in my initial post are not covered nor acknowledged by Scott.

Perhaps I should invest in Michel &/or SG Cats - Ohhh, but the wallet is quite thin at this point.

Regards,
Stampalotapus
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7431 Posts
Posted 08/23/2015   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampalotapus, if you have quite a bunch of these non=Scott items it would be wise to invest in a worldwide catalog that does list stationary etc. You really don't need an expensive one, an older used catalog would answer most of your questions. Also, keep the stampworld website in mind - they do have all stamps pictured!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
1104 Posts
Posted 08/24/2015   12:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You will find these listed in the Bahamas section of the Higgins and Gage catalogue of world wide stationery. I do not have this particular section as I do not collect Bahamas. This catalog is in 19 volumes and was last printed in 1986. The Bahama section would be in Volume 2 which covers postal stationery from the countries starting with the letter B (in other words Baden to Bushire). If you do not have access to a H&G catalog, you can contact the American Philatelic Society's Research Library and they will be happy to scan and email to you the sections you request for a modest fee of $4 for the first page plus 25 cents for each additional page if you are a member of the APS. If you are not a member of the APS they will do it for you for that price plus a non-member surcharge fee of $5.

Both of these are nice examples of postal stationery but my guess is neither will have a high catalog value.
Valued Member
United States
346 Posts
Posted 08/25/2015   6:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ekbustad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Ascher catalog lists this card (w/o the specimen overprint) as having been issued in 1892. Catalog value of an unused card in 1925 was 25 (gold) pfennigs, but that was for one w/out the overprint.
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 08/26/2015   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampalotapus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all.

I shall endeavor to acquire just such catalogs, once Mrs. Stampalotapus decides to increase my weekly allowance.

Till then I shall possibly be reaching out to all the kind fellows in this forum for guidance & information.

As for catalog values I am not overly concerned with such, my intent for collecting is enjoyment solely not monetary gain. I mainly wish to properly label & maintain inventory of my philatelic items.

Regards,
Stampalotapus

Pillar Of The Community
1104 Posts
Posted 08/27/2015   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the old SPECIMEN overprinted stamps and stationery and have a fair number of them for the British Commonwealth countries I collect. These were made for distribution to all of member countries of the Universal Postal Union so that they would have un-usable examples of these stamps and stationery so that when mail from those countries came to their country in the mails they would know what were the actual stamps as opposed to what counterfeiters were trying to pass off to avoid paying the proper fees for mail. They are not overly rare but the prices are higher for SPECIMEN overprinted ones that ones that do not have the overprint.
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 08/27/2015   2:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampalotapus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great information Kimo - Makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Regards,
Stampalotapus
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,863Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05