Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Pc Acquisitions Request Information

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,554Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 09/02/2015   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stampalotapus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just acquired the below PCs and would like to respectfully request from anyone as to the date of issue for each if at all possible...

Item No 1...

Item # 2...

Item # 3...

Item # 4...

Item # 5...

Item # 6...

Item # 7...

Item # 8...

Item # 9...

And finally Item # 10...

Your kind attention & assistance with the above request will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stampalotapus
Send note to Staff
Edited by Stampalotapus - 09/02/2015 3:24 pm

Pillar Of The Community
1104 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   09:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not have those country's sections of the Higgens and Gage catalog, but their counterpart designs from Gibraltar and Malta for which I do have the H&G sections were issued between 1884 and 1901 so I would think these would be ones from the printings during that time frame. You would need to get the H&G Catalog sections for these countries to be able to tell exactly when they were issued as there were multiple printings with the almost the same design and then there were the overprints during that time frame as well of which you have some.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampalotapus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kimo, thank you for your input.

As soon as I have more funds I shall endeavor to add to my H&G stockpile, I currently awaiting shipment of Belgium & Bermuda (it's a start).

And I am awaiting shipment of Michel, Ganzsachen-Katalog Deutschland, 1977 & Michel, Ganzsachen-Katalog Europa bis 1960 (West und Ost).

Once received I shall be able to assess much of what I do have in my collection.

Regards,
Stampalotapus
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3547 Posts
Posted 09/03/2015   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your Item 4, the Gwalior card, appears to be Deschl (Ed Deschl, Indian States Postal Stationery Listing) C7 of 1891/92, priced a little ambitiously at $US8 in 1994.
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 09/04/2015   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampalotapus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you tonymacg.

Regards,
Stampalotapus
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
5104 Posts
Posted 09/04/2015   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My first impression when I saw the heading of this thread
was PC = Politically Correct

Why constantly abbreviate everything?

How long does it take to write Post Card ?

Also makes it a lot easier when someone searches
for threads about Post Cards. Don't you think?

By The Way nice post cards.
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
Posted 09/04/2015   3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampalotapus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
lithograving - Why constantly abbreviate everything?

I was initially concerned about the character space allocated for the subject line.

Quote:
lithograving - Also makes it a lot easier when someone searches
for threads about Post Cards. Don't you think?

Point taken, I shall endeavor to do so. My apologies.

Regards,
Stampalotapus
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,554Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05