Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have This Stock Certificate Does It Have Any Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 2,415Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
11 Posts
Posted 09/26/2015   7:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add maxsip to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
is the value of shares mine as I have the paperwork? or is it just a collectable?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7338 Posts
Posted 09/26/2015   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems that this is the wrong forum for this sort of thing. You might google the company and see if they are still in business?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
11 Posts
Posted 09/26/2015   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add maxsip to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
they are still in business. still not sure where to go with this.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1155 Posts
Posted 09/26/2015   10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If they are still in business, I would contact the Corp. and standing of the certificate. The shares may have already been redeemed without the Certificate being turned in, (i.e.: Probate, Certificate Loss, etc.). Having the paperwork does not ensure ownership.
Valued Member
United States
11 Posts
Posted 09/26/2015   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add maxsip to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the follow up. I will contact them Monday.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1154 Posts
Posted 09/29/2015   12:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unless the certificate is in your name, then no, there is no value. It's the same as if you had possession of the deed to someone else's house. It has to be signed over to you or it's still their house.
Valued Member
United States
11 Posts
Posted 09/29/2015   07:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add maxsip to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 2,415Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05