Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nurse Stamp Wanted

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 3,174Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 01/07/2016   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add JayR101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am making a mosaic for my daughter who is getting her BSN RN in April and want to make it out of the 1961 nursing .04 stamp 1190. Any quality will work as many are going to be cut up. Do you have a bunch of extra? Let me know how much you want for them. Thank you!

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
Posted 01/07/2016   10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kollectorkurt to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mint, used or doesn't matter?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 01/07/2016   10:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JayR101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No mint. I couldn't afford to make this thing! LOL
Learn More...
United States
4707 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jay -- just for fun, look at this thread

http://goscf.com/t/842

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2415 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGB to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2415 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGB to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   09:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JayR101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirk, thanks for the link. Gave me some ideas. Was thinking of making a nurses cap mosaic, now thinking of changing it up to something with just a bunch of different nursing stamps. KGB: Thanks for the links, but I couldn't afford to do it with mint or even VG stamps. In my stockbook I ended up with about 50 of the "Love" stamp" and was hoping there would be people with the same thing in nurse stamps they would part with for cheap. May have to rethink this...thinking it might take such a large number of stamps that it is not doable.
Pillar Of The Community
1515 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   10:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jenny2U to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JayR101 if you have lots of common stamps, perhaps cut them up to make a shape representing nursing - a cap maybe? This stamp art might give you some ideas:

Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JayR101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jenny2U, Exactly what wanted to do but of something like this cap. But since she is getting her BSN / RN I was thinking about doing it in all nursing stamps. Thinking it's a sill thought now.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5005 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   11:48 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ack. If only this were a month ago. I sent off a 30-pound carton of used world and U.S. sorted by Scott in glassines to the APS as a donation, and there was a LOT of used U.S. from that era; likely would have been several hundred examples.
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JayR101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rev collector. Already trying to come up with alternative plan. :-)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
627 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   1:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jim6092252 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
if you going to cut them up to make something just get enough to scan and then print off some copies
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1624 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   1:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sdtom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
a nice idea for sure
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   2:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JayR101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a great idea jim6092252. Wonder if they would hold up and not fade?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2415 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGB to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jay, if you're going to frame your item, there is a special type of glass you can buy to protect items from the harsh UV (?) light. I don't think it's too expensive.
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 01/08/2016   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JayR101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank KGB
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 3,174Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05