Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Modern Die Cut And No-Die-Cut Press Sheets

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 16,347Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 02/13/2016   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
slpslp: I believe JillA actually called the USPS toll free phone line & asked the person on the other end of the phone about the item order numbers & the issue date. As I understand it, no info concerning quantities was available. The issue date she was given proved to be accurate.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 02/13/2016   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slpslp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Guess I am in this up to the hilt - I am searching for FULL UNCUT PRESS SHEETS - I missed 1 in 2014 (RUDOLPH with) and 3 in 2015 (WATER LILLIES with, CIVIL WAR with-out, JAPAN JOINT ISSUE with-out). I have the corresponding FULL UNCUT PRESS SHEETS available as a full or partial trade if interested.
So far I cannot find ANY DEALER selling these - some advertise but when you inquire they have none. WHERE DID ALL THESE SHEETS GO ???
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 02/13/2016   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dkucyk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder why all the sudden interest in only some (read moon) press sheets? There are still plenty of others available with and without die cuts on the USPS site.

Doug
Pillar Of The Community
1396 Posts
Posted 02/13/2016   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder why all the sudden interest in only some (read moon) press sheets? There are still plenty of others available with and without die cuts on the USPS site.
Because they cannot get it.
Pillar Of The Community
711 Posts
Posted 02/13/2016   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My four Botanical Art booklets with no die cuts sold for $50.00 each to the same person, who happens to be a dealer. I wonder what he is going to sell them for.

The designs for the stamps were from items held by the New York Botanical Gardens. The Gardens are celebrating their 125th Anniversary this year. I wonder if the Gardens was the organization that purchased a good many of the press sheets.
Pillar Of The Community
711 Posts
Posted 02/13/2016   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sipsip: The information about the order numbers and the quantity were published in the January 7, 2016 Postal Bulletin which is published every other Thursday. The next issue will be online around February 18, 2016.

You can access the Postal Bulletin at http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/pb2016.htm
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 02/14/2016   07:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slpslp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for the info - I hope to find invaluable updates from the group
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 02/14/2016   08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slpslp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chiming in again - I am looking for a COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE NDC CROSS-GUTTER PAIR - if anyone has a source let me know - as always THANKS
Pillar Of The Community
711 Posts
Posted 02/14/2016   08:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
slpslp: Good Luck. You should expect to pay at least $150.00 for a cross-gutter pair, if not more.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 02/15/2016   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dkucyk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
blcjr...I'm not sure I understand your comment "Because they cannot get it". Understand it hasn't been issued yet therefore cannot get it. However one can still buy several other International Mail Rate press sheets NDC's but there evidently is no interest. Is it just because it is the Moon?

Doug
Pillar Of The Community
1396 Posts
Posted 02/15/2016   5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Doug,

The fact that they cannot get it is why it is being discussed. Sometimes the fact that something is difficult to acquire simply attracts greater interest. In this case, I wouldn't say that it is because it is "the Moon," but the fact that it is a stamp specifically issued for the international mail rate may be a factor. Obviously, for those who want it for that reason, the other no die cut sheets that are available are not going to be suitable substitutes.

Basil
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 02/15/2016   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Doug: I believe the primary reason for all the furor over the moon global forever press sheets is the USPS recent reduction in press sheet quantities, making these items somewhat difficult to obtain. Take the 2016 Botanical Art & Richard Allen press sheets as examples. Quantities printed were 350 & 250. These are smaller than any previous press sheet quantities (500 had been the smallest). Both issues sold out prior to their release date. This has produced a signficant level of angst among those of us who have been collecting these stamps.
To be sure, all the furor may prove to be a bit premature. We won't know the quantities until they are reported in the postal bulletin (hopefully Feb. 18). If the press sheet quantities return to a more "normal" level, most of the concern should melt away.
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 02/16/2016   08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JillA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I called Kansas City at 8:01 am this morning, hoping to be able to order the 'Moon' press sheets. The clerk stated that she thought that they were on sale for preorder. She seemed to be having a little problem with the computer.

She told me that the die-cut version was showing up as available for preorder, but the no-die-cut vetsion was showing as invalid, "probably because they are not going to issue a no-die-cut version."

She took my order for the die-cut version and switched me to the secure line. At that point she announced that she was getting an error message that she had not seen before, and asked me if she could call me back after she contacted an IT manager.

About 5 minutes later she called back and said that they could not resolve the error message and that she was told to cancel the order. She suggested that I call back in a couple of days. The bottom line is that I still was not able to preorder the 'Moon' press sheets.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 02/16/2016   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dkucyk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK all. Got it. Thanks.

Doug
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 02/17/2016   7:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a first time for everything. The moon global forever stamp will have press sheets with die-cuts ... but apparently NO press sheets without die-cuts. I think this is the first time this has happened since the imperf press sheets first burst upon the stamp collecting scene in the summer of 2012.
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 16,347Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05