Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Modern Die Cut And No-Die-Cut Press Sheets

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 16,354Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7444 Posts
Posted 02/27/2016   6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am aware of that fact. Still, the Dairy Queen stamps are not going to fit across - one stamp width too many looks like! In other words, if you look at the soda fountain stamps, the strip is wider than the five egrets!

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 02/27/2016   8:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JillA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Peter, I see the point that you were trying to make.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
Posted 02/29/2016   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add msfong to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure if we have the Sarah Vaughan Press Sheet (without die cut) this time.
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 03/01/2016   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JillA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I called Philatelic Fulfillment Services today at 5pm (talked with Joseph) concerning the Sarah Vaughan press sheets and was told that they have a die-cut press sheet available, but there is nothing in their system about a no-die-cut press sheet.
Edited by JillA - 03/01/2016 5:09 pm
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 03/03/2016   07:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JillA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Postal Bulletin of March 3 is online and there is no mention of a press sheet without die cuts. A press sheet with die cuts is listed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2601 Posts
Posted 03/03/2016   8:09 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jill - Why are you posting the same info in two different topics?
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 03/03/2016   10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JillA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eyeonwall,

I've had two people tell me that they only check certain topics, and I thought it was pertinent to both threads.
Since I'm new on here, is that a no-no?
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 03/04/2016   3:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JillA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received my wave one no-die-cut press sheet subscription today in the mail.
Included were:
Quilled paper heart
Botanical Art
Richard Allen
Year of the Monkey.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2601 Posts
Posted 03/05/2016   9:52 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since you are posting about press sheets and that is the topic here, it makes sense to put it here.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
Posted 03/05/2016   10:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add msfong to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JillA, it is good news!
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 03/08/2016   12:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JillA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A friend of mine received his no-die-cut subscription today.
He chooses to pay by check. They had an invoice in his package asking him to send more money "for future shipments".
That would lead me to believe that the Postal Service is going to continue the no-die-cur press sheet program.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
Posted 03/08/2016   12:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add msfong to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JillA, it is a very good news!
Pillar Of The Community
711 Posts
Posted 03/08/2016   06:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not necessarily good news. Could mean that one USPS hand doesn't know what the other is doing. One section is phasing out the press sheets while the billing section is just making sure that its bases are covered in case there are new press sheets. It easy to issue refunds later.
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 03/08/2016   08:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The billing section wants you to maintain a balance, period.

They do not know or care what you will be subscribing to, or not.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 03/09/2016   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slpslp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again - I recently received my NDC CHECKLIST - thank you Jill and James. It has prompted me to start my ADDENDUM cataloging the DIE CUT issues. Many of the early press sheets as you know were issued DIE CUT only. I began with them and have so far been able to continue with the "double dipping" for each new issue (except for the last 2 of course). For what it is worth, the demand is much greater for the imperfs, but the supply is much smaller for the perfs. History will decide what the true value to scarcity will be.

But I do have a question - the GEOMETRIC SNOWFLAKES - the postal bulletin announcing it has no issue amount (this is also true for all the 2012 issues save 1). I could find no correction or ammeded announcement for the quantities - I wondered where the 1,000 figure was found that is listed in the checklist (I am hoping that place also has the issue quantitiy for the die cut version.

Thanks in advance. Let's just hope the work involved in getting future press sheets does a reversal - customer service would be nice.
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 16,354Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05