Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Modern Die Cut And No-Die-Cut Press Sheets

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 16,353Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 03/09/2016   6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The quantity (1000) for the geometric snowflake press sheets without die-cuts was announced in the October 12, 2015 issue of Linn's.
Added: Sorry, forgot that you wanted the die-cut quantity as well ... 250.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by JLLebbert - 03/09/2016 6:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 03/10/2016   08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slpslp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JL - Thank you - I forgot about LINNS reportings - I am sure at the time I saw it.
You would not perchance have at your finger tips the only other 2 issues after 2012 I could not find in the bulletins : 2013 APPLES and VIRGIN AND CHILD issues (these would complete my research as far as I can take it.

The 2012 issues are totally vague - only 1 bulletin in 2012 referenced 1 issue with a quantity - CONSTITUTION 1000 - the rest just said PRESS SHEET and a price. I am guessing somewhere around 1000 for each as USPS tested the waters
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
Posted 03/10/2016   09:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2013 Apples - 2500 w/o die-cuts
2013 Virgin & Child - 2500 w/o die-cuts
But don't ask me where I got these numbers from as I do not recall. But these are according to my list.
I assume the print qty for the w/ die-cuts is the same as back then similar/identical qty were printed for both PS.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 03/10/2016   10:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
slpslp: Regarding the 2012 press sheets, I assume you are talking about press sheets with die-cuts as the USS Constitution quantity was 3500 for the imperf press sheets. I did keep all of the imperf press sheet quantities & sizes. I can provide quantities for those. But I've pretty much ignored the press sheets with die-cuts.
Valued Member
United States
9 Posts
Posted 03/12/2016   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slpslp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
JL Thanks for the final tally. As for 2012, yes, I was referring to all the early 9 issues in the beginning of the year Die cut only prior to the Constitution issue and not those 10 that finished the year Imperf only. The Constitution seems to be the first test case being issued in both formats.
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 03/18/2016   08:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add green machine to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Question: Has anyone learned whether or not the Shirley Temple stamp
will have imperf press sheets?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 03/18/2016   6:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The only new word I've heard on press sheets is that the USPS will no longer allow them to be preordered. We supposedly will have to wait until the first day of issue to order them. I don't really understand what problem, if any, this solves. It is the limited quantity of the press sheets, especially the no-die-cut sheets, that has fueled both interest & speculation.
Valued Member
United States
225 Posts
Posted 03/19/2016   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I used 49 of the stamps on my Botanical Art with die cuts press sheet getting my Easter cards ready to mail out Monday morning. This is the first time I'm ever sending Easter cards out.

I used 40 sending letters, cards and paying bills. I have 71 left these being the imperf ones which I will use.

I don't regret buying this press sheet to cannibalize however next time I think I'll buy several booklets instead as those are easier to use and store.

-MV
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
Posted 03/31/2016   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JillA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Below is a copy of my email to Mark Saunders regarding the Shirley Temple Stamp Announcement in the Postal Bulletin issued today.

Hi Mark,

Hope that everything is going well for you.

I noticed in the Postal Bulletin issued today that there is no mention of no-die-cut press sheets for the Shirley Temple stamp.

Does that mean that the no-die-cut press sheet program is over?

Thanks for any information that you can provide,

Sincerely,

Jill
Pillar Of The Community
711 Posts
Posted 03/31/2016   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
According to information from another collecting board about the News conference held by Stamp Services today, there were no imperforate press sheets created for the Shirley Temple stamp. How ever, there was no comment about whether imperforate press sheets for the Moon International Stamp or the Sarah Vaughn stamp were actually created but not made available for sale.

It seems that the USPS is consulting with its lawyers about how to effectively market imperforate sheets without creating instant rarities as in the past. Also, you can no longer order philatelic creations in advance of the issue date, but you can pre-order stamps.
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 04/05/2016   6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add green machine to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Linn's has just "tipped" the 2012 Lady Bird Johnson no-die cut
mini-sheet of six stamps, saying it is a good buy at current
Scott catalog value ($15.00). Is this the beginning of a
significant trend?

If memory is accurate, Linn's has "tipped" no-die cut sheets
four or five times in the past 2-3 years.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1474 Posts
Posted 04/05/2016   9:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's selling on eBay for $6, so buying at $15 is a "tip"?

Has any of these "tips" actually turned out to be a long-term win, or is this just a contrived way of ascribing credibility to the Scott catalogue?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2601 Posts
Posted 04/05/2016   10:48 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
or is it Gitner promoting his own stock?
United States
2 Posts
Posted 04/06/2016   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add michael3510 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Lady Bird Johnson sheet is not scarce at all. There were 16 souvenir sheets on an uncut press sheet and 5,000 uncut press sheets were available. That's 80,000 individual souvenir sheets.
United States
2 Posts
Posted 04/28/2016   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add michael3510 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like there will be no imperf press sheets for May. I just looked at the latest Postal bulletin and all new issues for May will be issued in press sheets with die cuts only. also interesting is the print quantity. 3000 sheets for each issue.
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 16,353Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05