Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Modern Die Cut And No-Die-Cut Press Sheets

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 16,352Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 04/28/2016   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually the quantity for the Classics Forever issue was stated as 8000. But it would not surprise me if this was a typo and 3000 was the intended number.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2601 Posts
Posted 04/28/2016   11:41 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
or they think it will be more popular
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 05/26/2016   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add green machine to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just saw the announcement of the Soda Fountain Favorites
stamps in the 5.26.16 Postal Service bulletin. The release
date is June 30, and there is no listing for a no-die cut
press sheet.
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
Posted 06/18/2016   07:49 am  Show Profile Check stampCat7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stampCat7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It seems like the usps is done with the imperforated press sheet nonsense. All no die cut sheets were withdrawn according the postal bulletin. I hope they don't make a return, however the ones already issued may turn out to be classics. Our own mini "Farley" period like our grandfathers experienced in the 1930's. Time will tell.
Pillar Of The Community
711 Posts
Posted 06/18/2016   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I am disappointed with the potential closure of this aspect of collecting, or as you call it "nonsense". Sounds like you didn't collect them, but others did. Are you in the habit of calling things that you don't like "nonsense"?

I found collecting them very invigorating and was actively pursuing two areas: (1) no-die cut sheets which, by their very nature, are less expensive to collect than the no-die cut panes as well as (2) having the individual stamps postmarked with the digital color postmarks. These make a eye-catching presentation along with the no-die cut sheets.

Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
Posted 06/18/2016   10:13 am  Show Profile Check stampCat7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add stampCat7 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I call it nonsense because it is a contrived collectable. The fact is it was done as a scheme to get more money from collectors and that is why I call it nonsense. The PO should stick to their reason for existence, to deliver the mail. Collectors will and always have found interesting things to collect especially so in philately.
Edited by stampCat7 - 06/18/2016 10:47 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1903 Posts
Posted 06/18/2016   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stampCat7,

Agree. Actually strongly agree. The USPS of today is obscene Give me the days of USPO any day of the week.

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 07/07/2016   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vovan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody knows if there was a release of World Stamp Show 2016 stamps in imperf. version, i.e. no die cut press sheets?
I can see them selling on eBay but couldn't find any official info from USPS that they were ever issued. So are they real or fake?
Edited by vovan - 07/07/2016 12:48 pm
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
Posted 07/07/2016   12:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add msfong to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vovan, could you let us know the eBay Item ID of the Stamp Show 2016 imperf items? Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 07/07/2016   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vovan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure thing,
it's 151837094614.

What bothers me that in this sheet the red and the blue stamps are interleaved with each other while in the perf. versions on the USPS website each sheet has only one kind of stamp (either red or blue).
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 07/07/2016   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vovan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
msfong,
I just found another auction with the same item there and the seller name is msfong. Is that you?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7444 Posts
Posted 07/07/2016   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not collect these, but I believe these are last years issues!

Peter
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 07/07/2016   1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vovan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Peter, you're right! I didn't notice the year on the stamps indeed is 2015 but the title on the sheet says 2016. That confused the hell out of me!
Thanks for straightening this up!~
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7444 Posts
Posted 07/07/2016   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Vovan, these stamps were issued last year to promote the big show in New York about a month ago.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3011 Posts
Posted 07/13/2016   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add apastuszak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't believe they're still doing imperfs. I thought they would have died out.

They wouldn't make them if people didn't buy them. In the end, we collectors are to blame for creating a market for these things.
Free Ukrainian Stamp Album and modified Mystic Stamp Album Pages - http://www.stamphacks.com
Ukrainian Philatelic and Numismatic Society Member #1212: http://www.upns.org
Eire Philatelic Association Member #2869: http://www.eirephilatelicassoc.org/
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 129 / Views: 16,352Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05