Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gold Mine Certificates

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 17,004Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
USA
78 Posts
Posted 02/17/2008   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add atlashealth to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anybody got mining certificates? show pics!
This category is properly called EPHEMERA.
Send note to Staff
Edited by atlashealth - 02/17/2008 11:44 am

Pillar Of The Community
USA
2865 Posts
Posted 02/20/2008   9:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No mining certificates. I do have a nice oil stock certificate.

100 shares Reliance Oils, Inc. Montana, 1920. I love those gushers!

Unfortunately today the Reliance Refinery Company Facility is listed as a Super Fund site:

"The Reliance Facility is an inactive oil refinery that operated from 1924 to the 1960s. Soil is primarily contaminated with petroleum hydrocarbons and metals, notably lead. The shallow groundwater under the facility is also contaminated with petroleum hydrocarbons, pentachlorophenol, polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons, and dioxin/furans. EPA Emergency Removal fenced the state-owned portion of the facility in 1988 in order to restrict access to sludge pits after reports of children playing in them."
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
USA
51 Posts
Posted 11/26/2009   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zaro to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would also like to see a few Gold Mining Stocks if anyone has any.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
576 Posts
Posted 11/30/2009   10:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cgrotha to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Somewhat of a random thought.... I acquired a number of Railroad Stock certificates at auction for a small amount of money and used them as collateral material in a starter collection of Train topicals I was putting together for a young boy. They were a great augment because of the beautiful engraving employed in most of them.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
3315 Posts
Posted 12/01/2009   01:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laswabbie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
2664 Posts
Posted 12/01/2009   03:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i once knew a guy who has a gold mine I think he is a member here too
Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
Posted 01/13/2010   12:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pattiewhack to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd rather own a gold mine, but a stock certificate is almost as good
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 05/01/2010   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lucky to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently found this one tucked away in a drawer. I know nothing about stock certificates. Could this be worth something?

Lucky
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 05/01/2010   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky that is a beautifully designed certificate.
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
Posted 11/06/2010   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few of mine.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31711 Posts
Posted 11/06/2010   11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This category is properly called EPHEMERA.

A pedant would debate that,
it has no relation to philately.

Its discipline is "Scripophily"

Rest in Peace
United States
1225 Posts
Posted 05/04/2011   5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add artlaunier to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do Gold Checks count?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (The exact & entire wording of the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 05/04/2011   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking check
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31711 Posts
Posted 05/04/2011   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Gold sack tag.

Franking to send 152ozs Gold from
Mt Magnet to the mint in Perth, western australia 1942

The name originated from the wonky readings
the early explorers experienced with their compasses
due to the high amount of iron in the hills.

Forget Gold, 20 years later and men became millionaires
overnight mining iron ore.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4106 Posts
Posted 05/04/2011   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lucky, that paper is worthless. You need to promptly send it to me for proper disposal.
Pillar Of The Community
Croatia (Local Name: Hrvatska)
1089 Posts
Posted 12/19/2011   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add filipo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have an original diary from a (gold?) miner, from 1906 ... I think from Washington (state)... If someone would like to decipher his handwriting, I will scan the pages.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 17,004Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05