Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

PMGS Stampfix

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 113 / Views: 5,524Next Topic
Page: of 8
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29718 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so you can ease into the new version!

That's great news, Postmaster.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2240 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Just so I can make sure I'm adequately addressing the request...

Am I correct that what you're doing is loading a scan with multiple stamps in it using the Batch Image feature, then clicking the "Go" button?

I have a fix completed, I just need to make sure it's in the right place. The fix works as follows:

1. It checks the output folder to find any files with purely numeric filenames.
2. It makes the new output filename 1 digit higher.

So, let's say you're batch processing a scan containing 4 stamps, and the output folder contains the following:

1.jpg
2c.jpg
5.jpg
122C.jpg
234.jpg
246b.jpg

The program would find the purely numeric filenames in the output folder:

1.jpg
5.jpg
234.jpg

Identify the highest value:

234.jpg

And iterate from there. So the four images output would be named:

235.jpg
236.jpg
237.jpg
238.jpg

Does that make sense and meet your need?

I don't think this function is necessary for Batch from Folder and Batch from File, as the images processed using those functions already have filenames from the input files.

I also don't think it's necessary to use this function if using the Naming (v1.11) or Set Individually (v1.20) functions of the Batch Image method, as those screens allow you to manually set the individual filenames.

Does anyone else out there using the app think otherwise? I don't always know what other people's workflow looks like when using the app, so I can't always anticipate where people are going to need it to work differently than I do.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 05/29/2020 11:15 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29718 Posts
Posted 05/29/2020   11:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Postmaster,
Allow me a few hours, I'll replicate my issue,
mind you, it was a while ago, I have been since adding a prefix
to every "fix operation" in the last 12 months.
Appreciate you efforts.
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   09:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tikithindi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi PostmasterGS and Rod222

I appreciate both of you. Your efforts and skills. Have been
following your post quite long time only recently last decay or so
because of illness have not been vising this site.
Today I may down load both ver.11 and Ver.20 thanks.
Rod I remember your ACDSee I had but now they introduce Ultimate Version
and quite expensive also they do not send disk downloads and subscription. some conning in subscription. Subscription terminate indiscriminately.

Thank you Postmaster GS
Cheers
Tikithindi
(Dr. Khalak M U)

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29718 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tikithindi,
offering our best wishes for your illness recovery,
Thank you for your comments.

Quote:
Rod I remember your ACDSee I had but now they introduce Ultimate Version

Indeed, ACDSee continually offer me new programs,
therein lies the problem (Bloatware)

I like the original (V4.5 I think) ACDSee, light, and lightening fast,
I have used it for over 30 years.
I even offered to pay ACDSee the $60 for a genuine copy of the early release, (mine was stolen, or misplaced)
ACDSee declined.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29718 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postmaster,

Quote:
Am I correct that what you're doing is loading a scan with multiple stamps in it using the Batch Image feature, then clicking the "Go" button?

That's it,
I scan a page of stamps (>40) in lines of 4-6 stamps at 600dpi
Lets say 6 lines = 6 images

I use a regime where I place every new image in 1 folder, (can be bank statements, personal, stamp images etc) That way I can clear and place images in there correct location daily.

I like to prefix my stamp images by "Z" to keep them at the bottom of the list.

I open stamp fix, do the crop deskew which end up "1.fixed01" "2.fixed01"
etc.
If I deskew the next image, those are overwritten.
---------------------------------

My suggested fix ?
I generate a new folder just for stampfix images.

Your new solution would encounter problems with my current folder
I have dates (year month day) eg 20200531
Or receipt numbers 182478265wd etc.

Edited by rod222 - 05/30/2020 8:44 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2240 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

If you're looking for an old version of ACDSee, I can probably help.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29718 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you're looking for an old version of ACDSee, I can probably help.

$60 is yours Postmaster, or anyone whom can oblige.
Wracking my brains for the version.
I did pay full price for my original CD
not sure if I can find the reg code.

It must have right click "move" file (one operation)
and (preferably) the "plugins" set.
(Create a contact sheet etc)

My current model does not have the plugins, am using 2 heavy lifter programs, XYPlorer and Fastone viewer, to do those simple jobs.

I looked for many years without success........
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2240 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Quote:
Your new solution would encounter problems with my current folder
I have dates (year month day) eg 20200531
Or receipt numbers 182478265wd etc.

Are those dates or receipt numbers the only text in the filename? The new solution would only look for filenames that are completely numeric, then iterate from there.

UPDATE: Sorry. Went back and re-read. Adding the Z prefix to get them to the bottom would defeat this solution. Easy solution would be to have a dedicated StampFix output folder so you can avoid the Z prefixes, and it can dump them all there, iterating numeric filenames as it goes.
Edited by PostmasterGS - 05/30/2020 8:58 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29718 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are those dates or receipt numbers the only text in the filename? The new solution would only look for filenames that are completely numeric, then iterate from there.

You can do that? Wow.
Current sample in my to do folder

Quote:
Adding the Z prefix to get them to the bottom would defeat this solution.

I need not do that, if that helps
Edited by rod222 - 05/30/2020 9:03 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2240 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WRT ACDeSee,

This page allows you to download the trial (unlicensed) versions of all prior versions of ACDSee. If you can figure out exactly which version you're looking for, you can then input your license code if you can find it, or I can see if I can find a licensed copy.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2240 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Here's a quick animation showing the new naming system in action.

Output folder is at right. It already has some files with mixed filenames, as well as one with a purely numeric filename (153.jpg).

First run, it outputs as 154.png through 157.png, ignoring the files in the output folder with non-numeric filenames, and starting at the number one higher than the existing file (153.jpg).
Second run, it it outputs as 158-161.
Third run is a new input file, outputting as 162-165.
Fourth run is output as 166-169.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29718 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   10:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are a wizard, Postmaster.
(Not alone in this forum either)

Looks marvellous. Shall try over the next week.
I would encourage all members whom like their images cropped and deskewed, to try it out (and donate )

I have purchased fully licenced ACDSee Version 6 from Aust.
My last try I think was Version 3.1, but that did not have the right click move,
(strangely)
Shall see if this version suits.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29718 Posts
Posted 05/30/2020   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Just a heads up, for stampfix aficionados,
The system works fabulously for Mint stamps, on a clean scanner platen.
Like magic.
If, like myself, you introduce the ripped, torn or abused stamps, pulled perfs,
the instructions can only do so much,
If there lies a chad on the platen, stampfix will not miss it, and adjust the deskew accordingly.

Easily fixed of course, I still employ Picasa for "fine deskew tuning" on the run. Clean that platen !

Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2240 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   12:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK. I just uploaded an update (v1.21) to fix a few issues folks have identified with v1.20.

Available for download here.

Here's what changed:

1. File Naming Changed file naming convention for images output using the "Batch from Image" / "Extract to File" process. This is the one process where the file naming is completely automated (meaning it doesn't come from the input file, and doesn't present the user with an opportunity to change it). In previous versions, the file naming always started at "1" and worked up from there. If files from previous runs were in the output folder, they could be overwritten if they hadn't been renamed after output.

With v1.21, the app looks for the highest, all-numeric filename in the output folder, then starts the new file naming one digit higher. So, for example, if you're batch processing a scan containing 4 stamps, and the output folder contains the following:

1.jpg
2c.jpg
5.jpg
122C.jpg
234.jpg
246b.jpg

The program would find the purely numeric filenames in the output folder:

1.jpg
5.jpg
234.jpg

Identify the highest value:

234.jpg

And iterate from there. So the four images output would be named:

235.jpg
236.jpg
237.jpg
238.jpg

This should prevent inadvertent overwriting of images outputted during previous runs.

2. Initial Window Size Reduced the default window size, both in height and width. This was to accommodate those who have lower screen resolutions, and who found that the initial window was wrapping off the screen. To accommodate the reduction in height, the Single-Image Load and Save buttons were shrunk and are now side-by-side instead of stacked.

3. Added Additional Reprocess/Recalculate Triggers With v1.20, a Reprocess/Recalculate could be triggered by typing a new value in the text boxes and hitting Enter. With v1.21, a Reprocess/Recalculate will now also be triggered when Tabbing out of the text boxes or clicking out of the text boxes onto another text box or slider.

4. Bug Fix There were a couple stray instances where the window would resize itself automatically. I think I got the last of them removed, so if you resize the window, it should stay resized.

As usual, if you find any bugs or have any requests for additions/changes, please let me know.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 113 / Views: 5,524Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05