Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

PMGS Stampfix

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 113 / Views: 5,633Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   03:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for a fantastic update! As well as the quick tweaks!

Quote:
And WRT switching versions, you can have both installed at once, so you can ease into the new version!

Yes, I still have both old and new installed. No problems running both.

In fact, I still keep v1.01 around for nostalgia, although I didn't install that one when I switched to my current laptop.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29745 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   04:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postmaster,
my "batch from image" files continue to be overwritten,
what may I be doing incorrectly? or?

Congratulations, on the program otherwise, I like the look and the feel.
(32 bit version windows)

Observation.
The new Version does not automatically add a desktop shortcut.
Edited by rod222 - 05/31/2020 04:36 am
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2242 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   04:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Can you post a screenshot of what your settings are when you run it, or email to me? And you are on v1.21, correct?

I'll fix the desktop shortcut in the next release. I must have forgotten to check a box in the installer setup.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 05/31/2020 04:41 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29745 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   04:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can do Postmaster,
(Hope I am not being a pain)

When I installed, it would not allow me, due to previous version,
so I named the target folder PMGSstampfix2, or similar
(I just added the 2)
If that helps.
Edited by rod222 - 05/31/2020 04:59 am
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2242 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   04:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, Rod. It wouldn't allow you to install v1.21?
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29745 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   05:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, it was fine after adding its new target folder.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2242 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   05:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK. I didn't take into account that you're adding a prefix. Let me take a look at the code.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29745 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   05:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
OK. I didn't take into account that you're adding a prefix.

Would that be suffix? otherwise not understood.
I can ditch the previous version, and re-install, if that helps
I like the new setup, a lot.

Edited by rod222 - 05/31/2020 05:09 am
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2242 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   05:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

The problem's not on your end. I wrote the filename incrementing feature without thinking about the use of prefixes and suffixes, and the incrementing only works with purely numeric filenames. So right now, if you add a prefix or suffix, it works like it always did -- overwriting files with matching names.

I'm going back in to write something that tests for the existence of a matching filename, then if found, automatically adds something like "-copy" or "-2" to the end.

The long-term solution is a full set of naming options you can set, so you can increment with non-numeric characters in the filename. That'll probably be my next major addition.

In the meantime, the incrementing works as long as you don't add a prefix or suffix. I'll probably have a fix for the naming with prefixes and suffixes by tomorrow, Japan-time.
Edited by PostmasterGS - 05/31/2020 05:28 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29745 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   05:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In your own time Postmaster.
Nice to hear we are ironing out some issues.
We appreciate all your hard work.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29745 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   05:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not that I would have the faintest idea on coding,
but I look at the Simple ACDSee renaming,

By adding a hatch suffix at the end, one can enumerate multiple renames.

For example Just use the batch image file name, and add ## as a suffix
starting at 01

Stampfix batch image can never be more than say 40, and the orig batch image name remains.
But what do I know
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29745 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   06:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Observations.
I thought, why not just re format my scanner, so that files generated, do not have a prefix?

Epson refuses to process without a prefix
OK, I tried a numeral prefix, Epson allowed that, but Stampfix still overwrote.

Just added here, in case it may be of help.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2242 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   06:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to drop new versions this close together, but Rod found a bug in the new batch file renaming. What can I say -- he's got a gift!

So, here's v1.22

In v1.21, I introduced a new automated filenaming for when you are doing batch processing using the "Batch from Image" / "Extract to File" process. In doing so, I failed to account for prefixes and suffixes.

In v1.22, if not using a prefix or suffix, it works as before. It simply finds the highest all-numeral filename, and iterates up from there.

If using a prefix and/or a suffix, it checks to see if the filename already exists, and if so, it adds a "-X" to the filename, with X starting at 2 and running upward as necessary to achieve a unique filename.

I think for the next major version, I'm going to try to include addition options to customize the auto-naming so you have a lot more control over it.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29745 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   07:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are still good people out there, how refreshing !
This is my Version 6 ACDSee ebay purchase,
Message from the vendor.............
(PS I still purchased)
(In my "RodWorld" everyone would be like this)

Hi Rodney

Thank you for your purchase. Before I package this, you realise this is a vintage program and not current, are you sure it will work with your computer?

Please let me know that you are still happy to receive this.

Kind regards,
Anastasia
Edited by rod222 - 05/31/2020 07:53 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29745 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Road tested v1.22,
once a convoluted and onerous task prior to "Stampfix"
is now a streamlined and efficient process.
A delight to use, and an important addition to my Philatelic arsenal.
Well done Postmaster.

Observation:
I had a "pop up" ..."This program is not often downloaded, it may be dangerous"
Of course I was not worried, but it may deter others.
I do not often get those pop ups, and know not, from whence they come.

As I use this program just about every day, I have slid it down to my lower "Task Bar"
Edited by rod222 - 05/31/2020 10:47 pm
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 113 / Views: 5,633Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05