Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

PMGS Stampfix

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 118 / Views: 6,182Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2248 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   11:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

When one publishes a piece of software, it's possible to sign it with a digital certificate so Windows/MacOS know it's from a known publisher, and is therefore assumed to be safe. I don't have a digital certificate, so you get that warning. Unfortunately, the certificates can be quite expensive.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 05/31/2020   11:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Postmaster,
I am now informed.
I was curious.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2248 Posts
Posted 06/01/2020   01:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear the new version is working for you. If you run into any problems, or if there's something you think I could change or add to make it more efficient for you, just let me know.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   06:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tikithindi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much rod222 for your reply.
Appreciate very much.

Cheers
tikithindi
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6744 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   1:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I'm able to post again. As PostmasterGS stated, it is a Microsoft thing. Not sure why I was being blocked from posting a reply to Rod over the weekend. I ran into the same message on install and just ignored it since I know the software source.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 06/02/2020   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure why I was being blocked from posting a reply to Rod over the weekend.

Hi Kim,
that is strange, perhaps my virus blocker, it seems to check everything.
Valued Member
45 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   10:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrentAbba to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My copy of Windows 10 virus defender didn't want me to run the install until after I found the file and specifically told it to unblock the exe.

Now that it's installed I look forward to trying it out with some of my saved scanned pages.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 06/03/2020   11:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
trying it out with some of my saved scanned pages.

Please let us know how you go, Brent,
include if you can your route to progress.
I have never used it thus.
It works fine with souvenir sheets.
Edited by rod222 - 06/03/2020 11:56 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2248 Posts
Posted 06/04/2020   12:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, I have another major update coming in the next couple days. This one makes major changes to the processes under the hood, greatly improving the accuracy. It will make batch processing, especially of Batch from Image scans, much, much faster and easier.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2248 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   12:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
StampFix v1.25 is now available here.

OK. This will probably be the last update for a while, unless someone finds a bug or gives me a new feature request.

This was a major, major update to the underlying code. This was done primarily to (1) increase the accuracy when using Batch from Image, and (2) add Drag & Drop.

Here's a short description of what's changed:

1. Added a reset button at bottom left. This will reinstate the app to the state it was in when you loaded it, including reloading your default settings and clearing the workspace.

2. Re-worked the bounding box detection in the Batch from Image function. This should dramatically decrease the false boxes, and reduce the need to weed them out before processing. The screenshots below show the same image loaded in v1.22 (top) and v1.25 (bottom) with the same settings.

3. Added Drag & Drop. This change opens up a host of options for you.

For Batch from Folder and Batch from Files processing, you can drag files or folders into the window, and they're automatically processed and saved.

For Singles and Batch from Image, dragging a file into the window will load it as before, just without clicking the button to select a file. However, there's a new button at top left that will allow you to bypass opening the files in the window, and instead process and save them directly to file.

4. Added auto-detection of files. With this change, the app attempts to detect black background vs. white, and whether the image is a single or multiple. It then processes as appropriate. This allows you to drag and drop an entire folder with mixed content, and have it all processed at once automatically.

This should allow folks who scan lots of multiples (Rod...) to simply drag them all into the window at once, and process them all in one run.

If you have any questions about the new features, or anyone finds any bugs, or has any additional suggestions for features, please let me know.

YouTube video demo is here.

OxeZPm3XJS0
Edited by PostmasterGS - 06/05/2020 12:20 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   02:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
About to download the new version. Thank you.
Postmaster,
can you confirm the route to alter the suffix please?
I wish to change (and set) to a simple "f"
but do not want to mess up my current settings.

PS: Is working extremely well on my triangular stamps.
Edited by rod222 - 06/05/2020 02:07 am
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2248 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   02:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Just put an f in the suffix blank, then go to the menu and save your defaults if you want it to be that way every time you open the app.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29753 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   04:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's it, Thank you.
I was just worried save defaults may have ruined other settings.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2248 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   04:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Save defaults will copy all your current settings to a new default, overwriting all your existing defaults. If you're worried about losing a setting, I'd get everything exactly where you want it before saving defaults, so those become your new defaults.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2248 Posts
Posted 06/05/2020   10:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On re-reading my v1.25 post, I realized I didn't spell out the Drag & Drop as clearly as I should have, and I know people don't always watch the demo video (seriously, watch the video!). So, here are a few animations showing how it works.

Single Images

Single image, opening to screen ("Drag/Drop Direct to Save" toggle at top left OFF)

Single image, saving directly to file ("Drag/Drop to Save" toggle at top left ON)

Batch from Image

Batch from Image, opening to screen ("Drag/Drop Direct to Save" toggle at top left OFF)

Batch from Image, saving directly to file ("Drag/Drop to Save" toggle at top left ON)

Batch from Folder ("Drag/Drop to Save" toggle at top left is irrelevant)

Batch from Files ("Drag/Drop to Save" toggle at top left is irrelevant)
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 118 / Views: 6,182Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05