Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

PMGS Stampfix

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 7,033Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 06/20/2020   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Are you attempting to rename it in Windows' normal process (Explorer), or in another piece of software (ACDSee?)? If another piece of software, what happens if you try to rename it in Windows explorer?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 06/20/2020   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, usually I rename in XYPlorer, Picasa or ACDSee.
Happens in all.

I have not used windows explorer for what? 15 years.
I will do another scan and try in Windows explorer.

Windows Explorer
Edited by rod222 - 06/20/2020 10:10 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 06/20/2020   10:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

I haven't been able to replicate the problem on my Windows computer, though I'm using Windows 10, not 7. Let me take a look at the code and see if there's anything that could be causing it.

Anyone else out these having this issue?
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 06/20/2020   10:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postmaster,
If I happen to be the unusual occurrence, with software and Windows version usage, you have my blessings to ignore my observations,

I have Stampfix working well, and aware of workarounds, I wish, not to waste your valuable time.

PS: WRT Windows explorer, I was curious, I looked at my choice, it appears to be "Cubic Explorer" , I must have been using this since its release. Years.
Edited by rod222 - 06/20/2020 10:40 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
(With apologies to Apollo 11)
"We have lift off, we have lift off"
Latest Version, Interface fixed, releases last image...........Perfect!
Your work is done, dusted and polished
Thanks Postmaster.
Edited by rod222 - 06/21/2020 01:38 am
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   01:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

Did I kill the puce blob, too?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   01:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You did indeed !
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   01:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That shouldn't have worked... Computers, man.

I'm about to push out a v1.30 bug fix. I recommend you switch to it instead of the test version I sent you. Once you let me know the file release fix worked, I had to implement the fix in a few more places (Batch Folder, Batch Files, etc.).
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   02:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just uploaded an update v1.30. This version fixes two minor bugs:

1. Fixed occasional graphical corruption on the main screen when the app first loads.

2. With certain computer configurations, there was an issue with the app not "releasing" the last image file created during batch processing, leading to you being unable to rename the file, etc., because the image was showing as still in use by StampFix.

As usual, download is here.
Learn More...
8370 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   05:21 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...Your work is done, dusted and polished...

Software work is never done.
Don
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   06:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
..and I think you like it like that Don
The modern language I cannot speak.

Postmaster.......Flawless !
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   09:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to push out another update so soon after the last one, but I added another new feature.

v1.31 available here.

This version adds a button at the top left with a target icon. Clicking this button will minimize the StampFix window and open a small window that can be used as a target for drag and drop.

Click to enlarge

The target window is resizable, though if you make it too small it becomes a tough target. Whatever you drop in that window will be processed with the current settings from the main StampFix window, even though it's minimized.

On a Mac, closing the target window reinstates the StampFix window. On a PC, you have to manually maximize the main StampFix window from the taskbar.
Edited by PostmasterGS - 06/21/2020 09:03 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 06/21/2020   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a good idea.
Look forward to trying this one out.

I did opine that the "Drag/Drop" button initially, was a bit bland, as a new user, I sometimes wondered if I had selected the button.
If it had turned say a light green, would have been nice.
The "Target" should negate that.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   05:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Postmaster.
Update Road test on latest version.
Working fabulously in my experience, however, 2 items you may / may not
wish to address in later versions.

Caveat: This may be caused by my Win 7, with challenged memory.

1. whilst the "drag and drop" is working, the cursor does not show an egg timer.
New users could be thinking the process has hung, or start clicking elsewhere.

2. Your help video, shows each scan, when processed, popping up in the native folder. Mine does not, it shows the first image, then no more.
I have to refresh the interface I am using at the time (usually ACDSee)
at the end, when I get the "Success!" notification.

No big deals but for your information.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 07/04/2020   06:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

The cursor is largely an operating system thing, though I can probably force it to change while processing. As it is, there is still the progress bar which, if moving, indicates that it's not hung-up.

WRT the files not showing, can you try it using Windows Explorer instead of ACDSee? This will help me determine if it's a just an ACDSee issue or maybe a Win 7 issue. I haven't been able to replicate it on my Win 10 machine.
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 7,033Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05