Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Date This 4 Seasons Card?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 03/05/2016   9:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add paperhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My Mom left this and others to me after she passed awhile back. Tried numerous times to find when it was issued (no luck). I figured I'd let the pros have a crack at it.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6396 Posts
Posted 03/05/2016   10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Paperhound, welcome to this forum. I checked, and Frankie Valli still has a fan club. Why don't you check with them - they would know more about this than we do!

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2415 Posts
Posted 03/05/2016   11:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGB to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
TIME BARRIER EXPRESS #23 (July-August 1977) used this same photo for their cover. Does that help at all?
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 03/06/2016   07:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paperhound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanx for the welcome Peter ...

Quote:
TIME BARRIER EXPRESS #23 (July-August 1977) used this same photo for their cover. Does that help at all?

Yes it does ... That date is a good start! Thanx KGB

Edited by paperhound - 03/06/2016 07:21 am
Pillar Of The Community
2013 Posts
Posted 03/06/2016   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add area66 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They kind look like in Star trek uniform ( if we stretch a little bit.....)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2415 Posts
Posted 03/06/2016   08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGB to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it's only logical...
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 03/06/2016   10:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paperhound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In 1977 Frankie did indeed "go solo" but the Seasons as an entity were retained. The idea was to see whether the public could stomach a 4 Seasons without Frankie Valli fronting them. They wouldn't and there were some uncomfortable performances for Gerry Polci, Lee Shapiro, Don Ciccone, and John Paiva until the experiment was halted.

I don't think that Frankie Valli is in this photo. Very weird????? The quote above is from the 4 seasons website.
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 03/15/2016   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paperhound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't think that Frankie Valli is in this photo. Very weird????? ...

I'm sorry, but after running this across a music forum (40+ replies) it has been determined that Frankie Valli is in the original photo. He is the one on the right with the green sweater. Also it was determined that the photo was taken in the late 60s. Thanx for all your replies.
Edited by paperhound - 03/15/2016 6:40 pm
Valued Member
USA
37 Posts
Posted 03/21/2016   07:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bluegrassriver to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the Star Trek reference. This was a good post. Now I am going to Youtube and listen to a Four Seasons song.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05