Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Album Pages On Germanstamps.net

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 131 / Views: 32,554Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar Of The Community
United States
764 Posts
Posted 11/30/2017   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PostmasterGS,

Some more logistical questions for you. I see you are using double-sided tape to attach your mounts to the pages. Have you ever had any problems with this approach? Like mounts coming off the page, etc. Do you use this for your covers/postcards too?

Did you try gluestick before and it didn't work for some reason. I'm using gluestick to attach my mounts and have noticed some of them starting to come off after some time (glue dries up maybe?). So I was thinking of looking into the double-sided tape option if it is working well for you.

Thanks!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2557 Posts
Posted 11/30/2017   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't had any problems with the double-sided tape. I prefer it over glue because it allows me to remove and re-use mounts without any problem, and it's cleaner. I haven't been using my new pages long enough to test long-term staying power on my new paper. But, as I remove them from my old pages to place them on my new ones, I haven't noticed any that were loose, and they'd been on my old pages for 10+ years.

For my covers and postcards, if they're in a mount, I'm using the double-sided tape. If they're in the poly pockets, the poly pockets are self adhesive (they're also not removable -- it destroys the page to try to remove them).

My recommendation would be to buy a roll and play around with it. For $5-6, you can see if it's feasible for you.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 11/30/2017 5:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2557 Posts
Posted 12/03/2017   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A minor update today -- Catapult Post

Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
United States
764 Posts
Posted 01/06/2018   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My recommendation would be to buy a roll and play around with it. For $5-6, you can see if it's feasible for you.

Postmaster,

I'm loving the double-sided tape you recommended. After finally figuring out how to take the backing off

Here's a sample page from my Turkey collection, loosely inspired by your pages

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35484 Posts
Posted 01/06/2018   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely Page Chris.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2557 Posts
Posted 01/06/2018   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chris,

Glad to hear it's working for you. What kind of mounts are those you're using?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3402 Posts
Posted 01/07/2018   06:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What is the brand of the double stick tape used?
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
764 Posts
Posted 01/07/2018   09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys.

I'm using clear Hawid mounts. I buy the strips. Nice because I only need to buy a couple different sizes, then cut and trim to fit the stamp.

Al, the tape is Scotch (3M) permanent double-sided tape. Postmaster actually has a link to it at the very beginning of this thread. It works really nice, I just cut a piece of tape, the length of which is about the size of the width of the stamp. Then, I cut that piece in two lengthwise to give me two pieces. I put the stamp into the mount and put a piece of the tape on the back of the stamp (in the mount). Then peel off the backing on the tape and put the mounted stamp in the album.

I haven't tried removing any mounts yet, but supposedly you are remove the mounts and reuse them if you need to redo a page, for example. Just started, so I haven't had to chance to try that yet.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2557 Posts
Posted 02/03/2019   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I finally got around to working on album pages again, so I have a couple minor updates. Added the German Occupation of Kotor.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2557 Posts
Posted 02/03/2019   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Added German Occupation of the Kurland Pocket.
Valued Member
United States
341 Posts
Posted 02/04/2019   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PostmasterGS,

Absolutely outstanding collection and album pages. The pages are some of the most beautiful and informative ones I've ever seen. I would love to be able to produce pages such as yours but I'm a complete novice at using technology. I would never be able to figure out how to navigate a design program and make my own pages. My hat is off to you!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3402 Posts
Posted 02/05/2019   07:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They qualify as literature.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2557 Posts
Posted 02/17/2019   12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A minor update today -- WWII Occupation of Zante.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2557 Posts
Posted 02/17/2019   5:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And one more -- the German occupation of Macedonia.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
663 Posts
Posted 02/18/2019   11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice work PostmaserGS. You have made some wonderful pages.
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 131 / Views: 32,554Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05