Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Album Pages On Germanstamps.net

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2107 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   01:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At the request of numerous visitors to my website, I'm making PDFs of my album pages available to the general public. It's a slow process, as I have to go in and remove the catalog numbers, and I'm using it as an opportunity to add captions to most of the photos and to create two versions, basic and specialized.

I only have the Third Reich pages done so far, but anyone who's interested can follow the progress and download the pages here. There's also a link on the front page of my website. They are printable, but not editable. Anyone needing minor edits or customizations can let me know and I'll see what I can do to accommodate.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
Posted 10/21/2019   05:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely stunning pages - congratulations!
(And thank you!)
John
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2107 Posts
Posted 11/09/2019   11:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few updates:

I've decided to also include the option of album pages with B&W photos of the stamps in the boxes. So, there are now four versions available:

1. Basic
2. Specialized
3. Basic with photos
4. Specialized with photos

Again, link is here.

Here's a sample from the Third Reich specialized with photos (click to enlarge).

Also, I've added pages for the Feldpost of WWII. Here's a sample (click to enlarge).

Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 11/09/2019 11:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PostmasterGS, These are some of the nicest Third Reich pages that I've seen. Thank you for making them available. Your site is very informative and interesting as well.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
651 Posts
Posted 11/11/2019   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely stunning pages with a historical journey!
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2107 Posts
Posted 11/16/2019   02:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Added the Third Reich Officials. As always, link is here:

A few samples (click to enlarge):

Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2107 Posts
Posted 11/16/2019   02:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Added German New Guinea. As always, link is here:

A few samples (click to enlarge):

Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2107 Posts
Posted 11/17/2019   02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This morning, I realized that I had checked a setting in InDesign that was dramatically compressing the photos as it was exporting the pages to PDF, and this was causing a loss of quality on some of the photos. So, I went back and re-generated all the pages without any compression. This increases all the file sizes, but should make for much clearer photos on the pages.

If you've downloaded any pages prior to the time of this post, you should consider re-downloading to get the better quality version. If you can't download files of the sizes that are now listed on the download page, let me know and I can custom generate the older version with slightly lower quality photos to get the size down.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05