Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Album Pages On Germanstamps.net

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 116 / Views: 27,134Next Topic
Page: of 8
Canada
4 Posts
Posted 09/12/2020   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mozo1971 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These pages are fantastic ... Thank you so much for sharing
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
44 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   12:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add helder to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.

I checked your page and you have done a very nice job.
Congratulations !!!!

Thank you for sharing!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1825 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   01:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beyond breathtaking
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2439 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just uploaded album pages for the German Post Offices Abroad in China, Morocco, and Turkey. As usual, downloads are here.

A few samples (click to enlarge):

China

Morocco

Turkey
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2439 Posts
Posted 11/06/2020   6:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I discovered a major typo on the title page of all the Post Office Abroad pages. If you've already downloaded a copy, you'll want to go re-download the corrected version.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 11/07/2020 07:34 am
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2439 Posts
Posted 11/12/2020   05:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just uploaded A4-sized pages for the Generalvouvernement. As with all Third Reich-era A4 pages, they're also available in StGB-compliant versions for any German users out there.

As usual, downloads are here.

In addition, I decided to undertake a major project before it grew any larger consistency, a.k.a. the bane of a page designer's existence.

When I started making these pages available, I merely took my existing pages and removed the catalog numbers. However, because those pages had been built piecemeal over a period of about 5 years, there was a general lack of consistency in the formatting. For example, on some pages, the title was slightly higher than on others; some flags and photos were flat, while others had a slight embossing effect applied; the photo captions were all over the map in terms of positioning, size, and capitalization. Some of this can be fixed through editing the master templates I use, but most of it is page specific because each page has its own stamps, photos, text, etc.

In 99% of the cases where there were inconsistencies, they wouldn't be obvious to you, the end user. They're hard to see in the PDFs, but they're extremely obvious in InDesign because I can tell when things aren't lined-up with the on-screen guides.

I have a minor case of OCD, and this was driving me nuts. So, I decided to tackle it before it grew even further out of hand. I went back into every page I've build for distribution to "fix" these minor inconsistencies by my count, 5,450 pages in total. The formatting of all the pages I've released should now be about 99% consistent.

The changes were minor, so anyone using the older pages shouldn't feel like they have to move their stamps to new pages. Even holding the pages side-by-side, you'd be hard pressed to detect most of the edits without a ruler. But, if you were planning on using these pages and haven't yet started mounting stamps to them, I recommend you go download the newest versions so they'll be as close as possible to matching across the various page sets.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2439 Posts
Posted 12/12/2020   12:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This update is likely of little interest to anyone here, but for the sake of completeness...

I've recently been working on uber-specialized versions of my German Colonies pages, this time including all Michel-listed plate flaws, overprint flaws, printing flaws, etc. I finally got them done and uploaded, replacing the previous Specialized pages for those areas.

Here are a few samples:

As always, downloads are here.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2439 Posts
Posted 01/02/2021   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Added the Officials from the Weimar Republic (Deutsches Reich, 1919-1932). A few samples:

Downloads are here.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2439 Posts
Posted 01/15/2021   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE:

I recently had a user tell me that portions of the pages weren't printing correctly. Specifically, certain images were either printing blurry, dark, partially, or not at all.

Unfortunately, I'm in COVID quarantine and won't have access to a printer for about a month. Can someone download this file (46 MB PDF) and see if the images on the following pages print correctly?

Pages 2, 4, 20-27

Doesn't have to be on album paper, I just need to know if it's a problem with the file or the user's setup.

Thanks in advance.
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
Posted 01/15/2021   6:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Neeskens13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jed:

They printed out fine for me. No issues.
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
Posted 01/16/2021   12:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JRockne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is stunning thank you. Putting on my list of things I'd like to do.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 116 / Views: 27,134Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05