Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unidentified Stamps Of Unknown Origin

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 3,130Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
Posted 04/17/2016   04:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add WildCardRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Fellow Philatelists,

I wish to avail myself of your accumulated knowledge. Below are several pictures of stamps of which I have no or little idea about. May I request your assistance in identifying them? I thank you in advance for your time.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Rest in Peace
Netherlands
153 Posts
Posted 04/17/2016   04:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SWH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say the top one is an official stamp from Hyderabad, an Indian feudatory state. The third is East Saxony, a regional issue under Soviet occupation after WWII.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
Posted 04/17/2016   04:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WildCardRob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now that I have a reference point on those two, I will look them up. Thank you for the leads SWH.
Anyone have any ideas on the others?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3153 Posts
Posted 04/17/2016   05:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The second stamp is a Belgian postage due.

The fourth stamp is the top half of a Belgian revenue. They are often cut like this.

The stamps at the bottom are French revenues.

I hope this helps.
Nigel
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
Posted 04/17/2016   05:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WildCardRob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I always get stumped by revenues. Thank you
Pillar Of The Community
India
557 Posts
Posted 04/17/2016   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joy Daschaudhuri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

This is Haydarabad 1934 Sarkari ovpt. on 1931 4P Sarkar I Asafiyyah gray black official stamp (SG O46).

The unoverprinted base stamp (SG 41) with perf.13˝ was issued on November 12,1931, printed on unwatermarked wove paper in recess by Stamp Office, Haydarabad which also struck the Sarkari overprint in Farsi in letterpress.

Vignette: It shows the Tu#287;ra emblem of Sarkar I Asafiyyah i.e. Government of Asaf Jah VII, the official titular name of Usman Ali Khan Siddiqi (1886–1967), the ruler of Haydarabad (1911–1948) and the inscription Nishan I Tappah i.e. Post Stamp written in Farsi below the Tu#287;ra.

The 1931 4P issue was printed from 10 different plates engraved by Thomas de la Rue and Company, London, England.

The plates were were extensively used simultaneously. Thus by 1942, the plates got worn out which resulted stamps with lighter impression, especially the central Tu#287;ra design which then did not have the characteristic background mesh.

There were several printing of this 4P value as it was required to pay the postage for letters i.e. 8P for 11.66gm (1 tola) (May 6,1930– December 1943) and 1A4P (December 1943–October 1949) and also to pay the registration fee 2A4P (1935–43).
So several color shades of black are found in these 4P stamps resulted from different ink batches having different tinge used in different printings.

Details can be found in, Haydarabad Philatelic History.
Muhammad Abd an Nayim Siddiqi.
Philatelic Congress of India, New Dilli 1980
Part III: Postage Stamps
Chapter 9(A): Postage Stamps; pp.185-92
Chapter 9(B): Sarkari (Official) Stamps; pp.213-7
Pillar Of The Community
India
557 Posts
Posted 04/17/2016   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joy Daschaudhuri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cancelation: It is apparently Nayim type 12 crescent and star cds. The PO name is not legible.

Ref. The Philatelic and Postal History of Haydarabad (Vol.II: Postal Markings).
Muhammad Abd an Nayim Siddiqi.
Bright and Company, Haydarabad 1967
Chapter VIII: Date Stamps from 1870 to 1952; p.42
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thread Bumped : Dormant 6 Years.

Stumped!
I have checked MUKACHEVO local issue overprints, Carpathian Ukraine

I need the intelligentsia....
CSR anagram, Overprint and Surcharge, anyone ?
Card back is void.

I also have a similar "cut square" indicia with illegible postmark

Edited by rod222 - 09/24/2022 09:30 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6874 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   10:22 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
CSR = Czecho-Slovakian Republic?
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1800 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postcards with a slightly different version of the overprint:

https://www.burda-auction.com/en/pu...9-postcards/
Pillar Of The Community
France
2354 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Michel # P1a or P1b (Tschechoslowakei)
Edited by vayolene - 09/24/2022 12:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1800 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out page 10 of this Philatelic exhibition:

http://www.exponet.info/exhibit.php...D=151&lng=EN

More examples in this Philatelic exhibition:

http://www.exponet.info/exhibit.php...D=167&lng=EN

Edited by 22crows - 09/24/2022 11:14 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
798 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ceskoslovenska Republika
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 09/24/2022   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done Jill !
It had exhausted my searches.
Thank you,
and thanks to
OD KARLA I. K MASARYKOVI: POŠTOVNÍ HISTORIE #268;SR 1918-19

Now I need to search for a decent Czech Catalogue.

Edited by rod222 - 09/24/2022 7:12 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
36877 Posts
Posted 09/25/2022   12:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Can any members point me to the location on this map
of OPAVA and or, KRNOV please?
(wiki Image)
(Modern Day Czech Republic)
Pillar Of The Community
France
2354 Posts
Posted 09/25/2022   12:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod.
I assume Troppa = Opava (Troppau in german)
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 3,130Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05