Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of France : By Page.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 402 / Views: 36,157Next Topic
Page: of 27
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34055 Posts
Posted 10/25/2016   12:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blaamand, Hi Anthony.

I have been building a limestone wall, and I am completely knackered,
I just slept from 5 in the afternoon, till midnight, and now looking through bleary eyes.
Burning the midnight oil.

Quote:
Your 'Unknown Mutilated Stationery piece' is a cut down perforated item.

Sorry Anthony, it just cannot be, it is stiff paper, did they make newspaper wrappers with this issue?
Otherwise I am discombobulated with this piece.

(I keep meaning to buy a micrometer to measure paper thickness)

Anthony, what a beautiful page ! Top marks. (looks expensive too)
Certainly posts are welcome here, esp Steiner Pages

When recuperated, I am going to write to Webmaster of the French link
and seek the ML Y ambulante postmark that Blaamand suggested.
Shall post results...........

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 10/25/2016 12:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Norway
1661 Posts
Posted 10/25/2016   3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blaamand to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Anthony - - Beautiful - and good shades

Rod - Marseille-Lyon was only something that crossed my mind, don't be too optimistic. I don't even find 'ML Y' on the Marcophilie site. The closest match I can find is 'ML1°'. http://marcophilie.org/oblamb2.html - maybe we are fooled, maybe the suspected 'Y' is really a '1°'?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 10/26/2016   03:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry Anthony, it just cannot be, it is stiff paper, did they make newspaper wrappers with this issue?
Otherwise I am discombobulated with this piece.

Thanks Rod and Blaamand. There's nothing expensive here for me as these a small selection of the items I've picked up over the years from auction lots and fairs.

There are definitely perf remainders on the bottom right so I assume it has been cut down. Perhaps you could try soaking it. I'm guessing it could be still attached to its backing.

Funny you mention the ML 1° as I had one of mine singled out to indentify.

Edited by AnthonyUK - 10/26/2016 03:48 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34055 Posts
Posted 10/26/2016   05:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

There are definitely perf remainders on the bottom right so I assume it has been cut down.

Bless my soul. You are correct Watson.
Amazing, I completely missed that. Thanks.

Will take a closer look tomorrow.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34055 Posts
Posted 04/15/2017   5:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Page 22.

Page 23.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6103 Posts
Posted 10/14/2017   07:19 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For those of us who like looking at stamps we can't afford, an October sales catalogue from Yvert:

https://www.yvert.com/pdf/Vente-Enc...20102017.pdf
Pillar Of The Community
United States
762 Posts
Posted 12/31/2017   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bumped...
Didn't see these yet...let me throw in my page

Can't seem to get my scans to look as good as yours, especially when doing full pages

I had to scan at 600 dpi in order to get it under 10MB in order to use the "Free Image Optimizer" in order to get it down to the required 200kb. I don't like using 3-party sites b/c of things like what happened with Photobucket. Any suggestions for better full-page scans?
Edited by chris2015 - 12/31/2017 1:39 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34055 Posts
Posted 12/31/2017   5:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

.......Ahhhhh! Marianne Dulac. Beautiful Chris.
A truly lovely page.
Well done.

Quote:
I had to scan at 600 dpi in order to get it under 10MB in order to use the "Free Image Optimizer" in order to get it down to the required 200kb. I don't like using 3-party sites b/c of things like what happened with Photobucket. Any suggestions for better full-page scans?

Chris,
I am not a tecky,
I scan my whole scanner platen at 200 dpi.

I go into Picasa (remember that program?)
and crop it to the Steiner border, then save.

It usually turns out at about 256 Kb, I then run it through optimiser to 187Kb

Takes a few seconds.

Good Luck.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
762 Posts
Posted 12/31/2017   10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, you know you can crop within the optimizer? Will save you the extra step of going through Picasa.

Ok, tried switching to my new HP printer/scanner and scanned at 200 dpi, then ran through the optimizer. Looks better, no?

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34055 Posts
Posted 12/31/2017   11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ok, tried switching to my new HP printer/scanner and scanned at 200 dpi, then ran through the optimizer. Looks better, no?

Wow!

Looks fabulous....you nailed it Chris.

Quote:
Will save you the extra step of going through Picasa.

I have a scanner irritation, when I place an album page on the platen,
the frame must be a tad out of square.
My page image just leans to one side, I have to use Picasa to deskew.

But no big deal.

Edited by rod222 - 12/31/2017 11:35 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34055 Posts
Posted 01/08/2018   12:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unknown.
Guess: Mutilated stationery, fragment of Pneumatic Post Card ? 75c Violet.

Thanks for any ID.

Engraver?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules...ent_Chaplain

Edited by rod222 - 01/08/2018 12:20 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34055 Posts
Posted 01/08/2018   12:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Unknown Origin.

France,
Perforated Stiff card. Perf 14.
Malle Post 1842

Malle-Poste de deuxieme section bite briska.
(After a document in the Postal Museum)

Hand dated 19th December 1973

Edited by rod222 - 01/08/2018 12:37 am
Valued Member
France
24 Posts
Posted 01/08/2018   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Derwins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello . Le type Chaplain est une clpp carte lettre Paris pour Paris . Ref 2600 chez Y et T . Malheureusement découpé . 75c violet .
Champlain type : cuted , card letter Paris for Paris .

Pour la vignette, la date correspond aux fdc du y et t nº1782." musée postal " , peut être chercher de ce côté la , c'est un souvenir philatélique .Il me semble que la malle poste est le symbol du musée postal .
Edited by Derwins - 01/08/2018 12:29 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
762 Posts
Posted 01/08/2018   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at these France stamps is like walking through an art gallery of fine art

Thanks for sharing them with us Rod.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34055 Posts
Posted 01/08/2018   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Derwins, Chris, thank you very much.

Translation:
Hello . The type Chaplain is a letter card clpp Paris for Paris. Ref 2600 at Y and T. Unfortunately cut out. 75c violet.
Champlain type: cut, card letter Paris for Paris.

For the vignette, the date corresponds to the fdc of y and t nº1782. "Postal museum", can be looked for on this side, it is a philatelic souvenir .It seems that the trunk post is the symbol of the postal museum.

Printed out for my Album . Thank you Derwins.

I shall also Post a private email I received, (Thanks Steve)
Interesting links to Pneumatic Mail
All good stuff.

Hello Rodney.

Your cutout looks like it is dated in 1885.
The article by by J.D. Hayhurst O.B.E. has some references on pages 2 and 3.
See:
http://www.cix.co.uk/~mhayhurst/jdh...c/book2.html

It has references to a 75c Letter-card of 1880 and a 75c Envelope of 1885 (15 January).
The earlier 75c of 1879 was the wrong design and colour. the 1885 envelope was violet with a pink stamp.
I cannot find information there about the colour of the 1880 75c stamp, but I can't see any other choices.

Regards
Steve

Page: of 27 Previous TopicReplies: 402 / Views: 36,157Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05