Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps And Labels Of Fujeira.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 4,782Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31746 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   3:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Gibby, Michel # 276 to 279
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31746 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
dup deleted
Edited by rod222 - 02/23/2021 3:21 pm
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My 2021 Scott Catalogue Volume 2B (from the library) shows Fujeira, but only through the 1965 John F. Kennedy issue, Scott 28-37. Rod, I noticed this thread did not have any covers shown, so I scanned this one from my collection. It is a registered first day cover from the Fujeira Post Office, but it does prove that Fujeira stamps could be sent through the postal system. Sorry, but I do not know the Michel numbers.

Linus

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31746 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Linus.
Michel #505 to #508
25th Anniversary of the United Nations.
Full set

(2 fils is a tapestry)

Exists : #509 to #512 Identical set, oveprinted INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION YEAR / AIRMAIL

First time I have seen a genuine Fujeira usage. Esp such a late date 1970. Suggest scarce.
Edited by rod222 - 02/23/2021 4:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have one more cover in my collection, Fujeira Postmaster to Dayton, Ohio, USA (address misspelled Daryton) 26 May 1970 FDC...

Linus

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1884 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am always fascinated by materials considered wallpaper, or unissued, where there is clear evidence of actual postal usage. The flip side is both covers are philatelic, and sent from the Postmaster in Fujeira. Could other normal postal customers in Fujeira obtain these stamps over the counter? Which sets or singles have been found on commercial covers? It's a fun topic in which to speculate.

Are these kinds of covers the reason that Michel is so broad in their listings for the Trucial States?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5484 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps, for Michel, it was a commercial decision - if no-one else lists this junk, but people collect it, you've cornered a market, albeit a niche one.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1884 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great point Geoff.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31746 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Linus
Full set 1970 26th-30th May
Michel #495 to #499 "Postage"
Personalities from German History
Karl V
Elector Friedrich Wilhelm
Wilhelm 1
O.v.Bismarck
P.v.Hindenurg..Oops Hindenburg
Edited by rod222 - 02/23/2021 10:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I will make a label to keep with these 2 covers, thanks for the information.

Linus
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31746 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Note Hindenburg Sorry Linus.

Maybe Philatelic in nature, but it carried correspondence in a legitimate way.
Don't get swayed by others coarse observations.
What country has not produced Philatelic contrived material?

Collect whatever you want.
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw that it should be Hindenburg, no problem, my friend.

I bought these many years ago. It was the first time I had ever seen "sand dunes" actually postally used. It kind of surprised me, and they were registered, too. I think they were 50 cents each, maybe 25 cents, not very much. Search "Fujeira cover" on eBay and there are sold listings for $3 to $12.75 for covers like this. I do wonder what was inside, perhaps sets of stamps? The cover that mailed the stamps now might be worth more than the stamps inside? That would be funny!

Quote:
Collect whatever you want.

I always have, and I always will, way more fun that way!

Always smile,
Linus
Edited by Linus - 02/23/2021 11:15 pm
Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In a similar vein I have 4 registered covers from Ajman all to the Minkus Stamp co. I'll try and get them posted later tonight though it probably should be a different topic....
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31746 Posts
Posted 03/11/2021   11:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31746 Posts
Posted 03/11/2021   11:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Munich Pre Olympics.
Set of 30.

world Wide Collectors
Can you Name your flags?
Do you know the difference between 11dh and 14dh Flag?

Edited by rod222 - 03/11/2021 11:48 pm
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 4,782Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05