Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of Turkey : On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,775 / Views: 184,522Next Topic
Page: of 119
Pillar Of The Community
United States
954 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   06:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And I thought the 3k in the middle was odd duck. So much to learn. I really must get an Isfil catalog of some sort.

My next inquiry is concerning this Postal tax stamp, which I believe is suppose to be RA208. Problem is I don't see anything in Scott about a black color omitted error, or variety. Is this a known error?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   06:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perf Guage?

Could be anything.
My guess is a private printing, and mis appropriated by unkown persons, or printer's waste.
Not Listed. (In any of my reference papers)

Exists
1958 Unknown date, (Turkey ceased postal tax stamps in June 1958)

If the missing black would have had KURUS in Capitals
then RA208
Existed Imperforate.
Existed Part Perforate

If the missing black would have KURUS in lower case letters, then would have been a private charity printing (after June 1958)
(of which many appeared)

We shall never know with yours.
Largest question unknown to me, was PULHAN MATBAASI inscription on RA208? or private printing?
My RA208 Indeed has the inscription, with Capital KURUS
I am ergo, assuming yours is an RA208 with missing black colour.
Should be Perf. 10.5
My Crescent is scarlet, yours appears to be carmine?

Variety? Error? your choice.

Edited by rod222 - 06/28/2021 07:28 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have come to the conclusion (rightly or wrongly)
both yours and mine are private charity printings (After June 1958)

Have a look at Scott PT79, the design is different, the clouds have a different shape.

To Further confuse things
YANSTAN (Cat#247) has the 1k brown ...PULHAM MAATBASSI

Scott does not show any such inscription in its image. (PT79)
Edited by rod222 - 06/28/2021 07:28 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
954 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hiya Rod, thanks for your considerable input on this.
A couple things:
Mine is indeed perf 10.5

The clouds are, I believe, actually different in the later version of the stamp, and not quite like the PT79 design. I am including a screen cap from Stampworld (not that I trust Stampworld any more than Scott), showing all the various denominations from that later set. All of the ones with this particular design have the same cloud pattern and the inscription in the margin, although you cannot see the 25k because of such a small margin.

I do believe it is the RA208, design, perf and color at least. But, I would also think that such an "error" would have been recorded somewhere, so the conclusion that it is something privately produced, or printers waste is much more logical, and it is how I will label it in my album, until other information might come to light.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   08:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hiya Spain,

we have "Trainwreck" to thank for assistance

I would trust Yanstan over any of the catalogues......

Yanstan
http://goscf.com/t/61284#528963 br /
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/22/2021   10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sc# 270
Linn's Market Tips 2019
Sultan Mohammed V

My purchase ($25)
Cancelled by Postmark AND two razor cuts.

Edited by rod222 - 09/22/2021 10:45 pm
Page: of 119 Previous TopicReplies: 1,775 / Views: 184,522Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05