Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Stamps Of Turkey / Turkiye: On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,957 / Views: 194,416Next Topic
Page: of 131
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   4:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nigel,

All sorted !

Shall be posting soon,
I have tracked down the 23 days of obligatory, which changed to 46 days
in December 1926

Success from endeavor !

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Finland
183 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   4:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuikka to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Apologies that I missed to reply to your request of using my image(s). I have no problem of that. Feel free to use any one that you want.

I will need to include the perforation measurement in them as well.
Edited by kuikka - 12/10/2021 4:59 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   5:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's good Kuikka.
It is also nice to gently offer "Good Netiquette" that makes good forums "hum"
Sensibilities can be injured very easily.

"Ghosting" is a modern dilemma.

Once you have checked the guaging on the above examples, I'll continue.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Obligatory Postal Tax Stamps
A Precis.

Oops, failed to indicate Sugar fete is 4 days, Sacrificial fete 5 days, all the rest afford 2 days. Totalling 23 days.

NOTE: error, December total prescribed days = 32 not 46
Edited by rod222 - 12/11/2021 02:25 am
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3137 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating Rod!
Nigel
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Failed to add,
Letters of value (me, Registered letters?) and parcels, had to pay an additional obligatory fee, of 2 to 50 piastres, according to the value of the missives.

(It will be interesting to find covers with this additional impost stamps affixed, not seen any thus far)

It still remains (to me) if all the preceding is correct, how did McDonald, and the other catalogues get it so wrong
(obligatory beginning in 1923)
Edited by rod222 - 12/10/2021 6:14 pm
Valued Member
Finland
183 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   01:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuikka to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Except the Scott 8, Michel 5 (10 paras, green) forgery (perf 12x12), everything I have posted so far has perf 12. Forgery perforation is very poor, so, I may have measured it wrong.

By the way, if you need a higher resolution image of the forgery, I have it scanned in 600 dpi (the best my scanner can do). I can e-mail it to you if you want (then I need to figure out how to get your e-mail). The images on the board are of lower resolution. All my scans are made originally in 600 dpi resolution.

Also, if you need a back scan of a specific stamp, then please tell so. If I scan everything from reverse, I am afraid I will mix them up and then they are no good.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   01:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Kuikka,
So Perf 12.5 for 3 proceding.
Later stamps the perf goes haywire, keep checking.

The original forgery is fine, thank you, I'll keep that.

No need to scan all the backs, just look at the back yourself prior to
scanning. IF there are anomalies to be seen, then scan and post.
This is where the big dollars are, and the ID of varieties.

Don't just scan the stamp in the hagner, or mounts, and disregard the back.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   02:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Erratum.
The Obligatory Days incorrect.
The December increase of the preceding days = 9 not 23
So, total obligatory stamp days are 32.
Thanks to Steve for proofreading.
Valued Member
Finland
183 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   02:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuikka to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sc12 Mi9 A has on the reverse similar looking (very limited) ink transfer as in the flat plate printed US stamps. And a large thin. So, it is also a space filler quality, but again, interested in identifying it correctly.

Others appear to have nothing in the back.

And later there is coming something that most likely will make a nice addition to your forgery collection.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   03:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sc12 Mi9 looks OK
Deep colour but maybe your scanner.

Isfila 27 Opt Type 1a
1865 Dulos Type 1 P12
This and the 25 gurush differ in base design
Opt by Typo. or Litho
Set off of Opt c$70
--------------
Sc17 Mi.ll both look OK
Edited by rod222 - 12/11/2021 03:41 am
Valued Member
Finland
183 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   04:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuikka to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again for useful information.

'Set off of Opt' I take to mean ink transfer on the back of the stamp. Would that need to be more or less full transfer or would that include illegible partial transfer (similar to flat plate printing of USA)?

And c$ I presume to be Canadian dollar.

Next is Scott 18, Michel 12:

Sc18 Mi12 A Perf 12

Sc18 Mi12 B Perf 12

Edit: Perforation added.
Edited by kuikka - 12/11/2021 05:00 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35165 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   04:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Set-off is an image of the Black Overprint, on the back of the stamp.
If you think it is warranted, post an image.

c$ is my way of saying approx value, circa $x

Scott 18 Both look genuine, but second stamp, overinked ?
Not a good example.
Details as for Sc17 printing perf etc

Edited by rod222 - 12/11/2021 04:46 am
Valued Member
Finland
183 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   04:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuikka to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the clarification. Which dollar do you refer to? AUD? USD?

photo of the back of Sc12 Mi9 A
Pillar Of The Community
United States
734 Posts
Posted 12/11/2021   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not enough ink on the back to be a set off. Yours is a simple kiss print caused by placing the sheet on another sheet that isn't completely dry. The cataloged variety should show the whole overprint pretty clearly.
Page: of 131 Previous TopicReplies: 1,957 / Views: 194,416Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05