Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,577 / Views: 161,235Next Topic
Page: of 106
Pillar Of The Community
United States
894 Posts
Posted 03/20/2020   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since I'm stuck at home these days, I had the luxury of taking a nap this afternoon, during which I dreamt that I got something in the mail from Denmark. There were stamps on the front and back of the envelope, but one of the stamps on the back was made of chocolate — a square of very good, dark chocolate with a liquid raspberry center!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
514 Posts
Posted 03/20/2020   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
erilaz, this is the best thing I have read all day
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2564 Posts
Posted 03/26/2020   7:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I had my first day off after working 8 straight days...
So I started looking through my 3 cent 1851-57 stamps for all the different -recut vertical lines in the triangles- and the combinations of same.

By my reckoning there's 22 unique combinations. Plan to mount them together on a page. There's a couple that are singular plate positions so it's likely I don't have them all.

So I worked through about 200 stamps and was able to find 9 unique combinations. Good start! That included a couple tougher ones.
I'm off work again this Saturday and hope to go through another couple hundred and hopefully find a few more.

It'll be my quarantine page.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2564 Posts
Posted 03/28/2020   2:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found two more today. Still less than half of the possible combinations...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2253 Posts
Posted 03/28/2020   10:02 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the 47L0, 5-line recut on cover. Bought it on eBay for like $12.50. The really great part is it came by way of a person, a well known dealer, that frequently disparages collectors that source items for there collection on eBay.
Edited by sinclair2010 - 03/28/2020 10:33 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2564 Posts
Posted 03/28/2020   10:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Winston... not that "evil eBay"!?
I have the 95L1L version of that recut off cover.

The one that I think I'll struggle with is 29L0, 3-UL + 1-UR. A singular position for that recut.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1426 Posts
Posted 03/28/2020   10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Really LOVE those Mexico "bulls eyes." I am a sucker for almost any definitive with a very simple design, and especially those with numerals.
Valued Member
Netherlands
68 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   05:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northwinds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just pulled out a good lot of old Chinese stamps, some Japanese occupation and others I think, out of an old approval booklet. A US collector used this to put in his doubles I think.

Will give the stamps a nice bath, put them to dry in one of my 'dry books' after that and finally take out the ones I need for my collection and put the rest up for sale on eBay.

Quality time. :)

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2735 Posts
Posted 03/29/2020   05:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Working with Machins again.....My spreadsheet is getting large.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1143 Posts
Posted 03/30/2020   09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just ending day four of C-19 quarantine; fortunately for me, it's been like mild flu and things are improving quickly. Spent three solid days sorting out a large number of plate errors on early Iceland "numerals". Next project is to sort out three large albums of early Armenia (pre-Soviet stuff). Most appears to be genuine, but there is definitely quite a bit of chaff in with the wheat. My wife is occupying the table as she's working from home so I will occupy the floor
Valued Member
194 Posts
Posted 03/30/2020   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good news Timh! Glad it hasn't been too intense for you.

I've spent the last couple days soaking stamps off paper. I had been accumulating all those old us commemorates that dealers use on their mailings. Saw some dated cancels from 1995 which made me feel time has really flown by!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1753 Posts
Posted 03/30/2020   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I now have all my 2019 USA stamps. I'm done!

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
Ireland
226 Posts
Posted 03/30/2020   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As we are in lock down, there is not a lot that can be done.
I usually procrastinate about writing up my Ireland collection but I wrote up the fourth quarter of 2019 about two weeks ago. I have bags of kiloware to bring to a charity but I cant get out of the house.
I have started doing something really unusual. I am LOOKING AT my collection. Just took down Volume 1 (1922-40) and Volume 2 1941-60) of Ireland and just turned the pages very slowly really taking it all in.
Volume 3 (1961-1972) will be tonight.
Pillar Of The Community
2154 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   03:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We've already been in lock down for 2 weeks, and have 2/3 more ahead. On Sunday I took my early Switzerland collection and looked at it, while standing outside on my balcony ) having a little sun. These days, I mounting some Scandinavian (Norway, Finland, Greenland) on Steiner pages.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29325 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   05:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With you there in spirit, Cursus.
All in the same boat, reflecting on all those brave medical staff.
Amazing courage.

Page: of 106 Previous TopicReplies: 1,577 / Views: 161,235Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05