Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,577 / Views: 161,418Next Topic
Page: of 106
Pillar Of The Community
2156 Posts
Posted 03/31/2020   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much, Rod. I hope that you and your beloved ones are also OK.
Medical staff are our contemporay heroes.

Now, We've plenty of time to play with stamps and cinderellas! As you can see on the cinderellas's threads.
Take care!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Spain
52 Posts
Posted 04/07/2020   5:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Igrodri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today Ive been sorting my indian stamps, and now I know that I have 374 different.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1330 Posts
Posted 04/08/2020   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Part II of the downsizing of my now-former, massive, world wide collection is underway, now that Part I (disposal) is about done.

Re-mounting my early Cabo Verde issues. When done, will review the rest of the country. I need better organization for the modern issues through independence in 1975, and re-organization of the B-O-B.

And Cabo Verde is just the first step. I anticipate that the assimilation of purchased collections; re-organizing and some re-mounting of retained material already in hand; will last a minimum of a year.
Edited by Climber Steve - 04/08/2020 7:04 pm
Valued Member
Ireland
226 Posts
Posted 04/09/2020   06:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With my source of kiloware in lockdown, I cannot get new stuff or leave them the recent kiloware donations.
I have however concentrated on buying commercial mail and/or postcards from 193 UN countries plus five others that are de facto nations.
So
179 Kazakhstan
180 Comoros
reached me this week and five more are on their way.
Some of course will be difficult as none of my friends intend visiting North Korea any time soon.
Ironically my main source of kiloware have a mission field in South Sudan but there is no mail service.
Meanwhile the 2020 new issue programme has been suspended in Ireland.
Edited by FitzjamesHorse - 04/09/2020 07:34 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
54 Posts
Posted 04/12/2020   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ursa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been taking advantage of my workplace shutdown by continuing to transfer my collection to Steiner pages. Sometimes I devote ten hours a day now to philately.

Working country-by-country in alphabetical order, I wrapped up Great Britain and its regional definitives last night.

I've been using two-inch binders and am already into my fifth binder. Perhaps I ought to switch to 3-inch binders.

Also, I've installed a stereo as well as a TV with Roku and DVD player in my hobby room. If my shutdown is expected to last for months instead of weeks, I'll probably put a mini-fridge and coffeemaker in there, too.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 04/12/2020   12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ursa, ClimberSteve, Cursus:

Pillar Of The Community
2156 Posts
Posted 04/13/2020   03:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your wishes, are orders!

So far, I've mounted some of my collections of Norway, Finland and Greenland on Steiner pages. This is a sample of the result (I'm quite statisfied):

I print the pages on 120g/sqm, DIN A4 paper (our EU std size) easy to print and sturdy enough to hold stamps. In W. Europe, the normal thing is to place stamps just on a side.

I hope, you'll like them

Today, I'll work on some Norwegian definitives.

Stamps, are being a relaxing way of coping with the lock down. Already 4 weeks and, with 2 to 4 more ahead, it's becoming somewhat stressing.

I'm lucky enough to work from home. So, my financial looses are not too big (although there are some). But, for some people around, it's being a disaster.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29354 Posts
Posted 04/13/2020   04:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice work Cursus.
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
Posted 04/13/2020   08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice work indeed
Pillar Of The Community
2156 Posts
Posted 04/13/2020   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both. But I do'nt deserve your nice words. If you put together some beautiful stamps and a well done page design it's hard to fail.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29354 Posts
Posted 04/13/2020   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, this is how I see it,
I have Greenland, and pages have huge gaps here and there,
I find it a delight, to see completed pages, esp hinged and postmarked.
(No matter what country)
So, I reiterate...lovely work Cursus.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 04/13/2020   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cursus the material is very clean and complete. Great work and thanks for sharing.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
133 Posts
Posted 04/14/2020   01:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I find it a delight, to see completed pages, esp hinged and postmarked.

As Rod says I enjoy seeing postmarked stamps neatly hinged onto pages. I love sorting through a pile of W/W stamps but stamps from Greenland rarely seem to appear. These pages are a delight
Pillar Of The Community
2156 Posts
Posted 04/14/2020   01:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to all. I've had these stamps (as well, as most from 1950 to 1991) since about 30 years ago. With the Covid-19 lock down, I had the time to properly mount them on Steiner pages. I'm actually surprised seenig how nice they look. And, you've just seen 3 out of 21 pages (years 1950/91).

Your kind words, have encouraged me to secure the stamps needed to fill most of the few gaps that I had on the 1950-91 period (so, far, only 2 stamps missing).

I'm actually thinking on starting a new thread ("Greenland on Steiner pages) on the Modern stamps chapter. Do you think that this could be interesting?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
133 Posts
Posted 04/14/2020   02:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been self isolating for a few weeks now and working on a Scandinavian album dating from about 1950 that I've had a for a few years. I bought it virtually empty because it had spaces which went into quite a bit more detail than my New Ideal albums.

I'd managed to put in what I had for Finland and Iceland but the other countries needed dealing with.

So far I've managed to sort out a load of the stamps for Sweden and Denmark. With the help of a Facit catalogue I think I've managed to ID most of them correctly. One of the biggest problems for me was that the album is labelled in Swedish, including a number of abbreviations which has caused me some head scratching. There are also conventional labellings - for perforations? that I'm not familiar with but I think I've got most of it right.

Some pages are still a bit sparse

And even when I managed to almost complete a page there are gaps

I shared my work with my son who is not interested in the slightest and he made polite noises and commented that the gaps would annoy him. So I looked to see if I could fill the blank in the second page only to discover the CV is about $1,000

I think I can live with that blank space for the moment
Page: of 106 Previous TopicReplies: 1,577 / Views: 161,418Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 19.58 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05