Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,653 / Views: 171,805Next Topic
Page: of 111
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1038 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GeoffHa,
I bought these from the Revenue Reverend. I had already bought a small group of Lebanese revenues from him, and his detailed catalogue of both Syria and Lebanon revenues post-Duston (French Colonies revenues catalogue circa 1980) piqued my interest.

I already have large collection of Syria and Lebanon postage stamps and the amazing variety of overprints in the 1920's and 1930's got me addicted. The revenues are even more absorbing!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5199 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   3:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you - I don't really collect fiscals, although I keep them if I run across them, but these would be too tempting to turn down!
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   4:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Helped my son make album pages for his dinosaur collection.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1697 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Helped my son make album pages for his dinosaur collection.

Well, at least I do
Valued Member
274 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   10:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
3-hole punched Egypt on Steiner pages and got them in binders.

Printed spine labels for Liberia, Jamaica and Japan and Egypt so they all have the same font.

Mounted the 400+ Egyptian stamps I'd been accumulating, as well as a slew of the ever-present Liberian souvenir sheets from the 60's, along with some random Japanese and Manchukuo stamps.

Started printing Canada on Steiner pages. Got bored and then...

Opened 6 letters to see what arrived and got them in the piles/stock books for future mounting.

Bought a few more Cayman Islands, Japan and Ceylon.

Searched in vain for the remaining early Jamaica stamps I need to complete that album.

Searched in vain for the Ecuador stamps I need to complete the regular issues.

Appreciated being single and having the time to do all of that while listening to classic rock.
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
Posted 10/15/2020   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today four small lots of Austria stamps arrived that were won last Friday (3) and Monday (1). Rather than wait until the weekend to go through them I decided that would be more fun than the random sorting I've been doing this week.

In all, I ended up adding fifty stamps to my collection including a nice run of semi-postals from B264 to B278.

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3769 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Over the last week I have:

Updated my Japanese albums with a nice lot I purchased from a dealer.

Printed Steiner pages and hinged a nice Afghanistan collection I purchase from the same dealer.

Presently updating Hungary with some nice early and Back of Book that I recently acquired.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Valued Member
India
21 Posts
Posted 10/21/2020   07:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps_philateli to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunday was a 'No Screen Day' for me so spent the afternoon soaking stamps and cleaning hinge remainants from stamps received from another collector recently.
Valued Member
Ireland
245 Posts
Posted 10/21/2020   09:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Last month I was several days in the west of Ireland and picked up SOAR stamps from several post offices. Took photographs of around 80 post offices. Unfortunately it will be a while before I get out to have them printed for my albums.
Still sorting thru about 2,000 SOARs that I picked up at the end of last year. This is maybe the third time I have looked thru them (I cant get out to collect more from my charity source). It is still surprising that even after repeated sorting, there is always something that I missed. But it is diminishing returns now so I will have to dispose of them soon.
Later this month (31st October) marks the 50th anniversary of my 18 year old self thinking I had moved from junior collecting to being a serious collector. And I am launching a new Collectors blog on that date.
Someday my 68 year old self will achieve the ambition of being a serious adult collector.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6127 Posts
Posted 10/21/2020   10:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Completed the Canadian air mails (basic catalog numbers).
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
388 Posts
Posted 10/21/2020   1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Accommodated in my AlbumEasy US Airmails album the 2020 addition by Scott of the C11b into US Airmail varieties. This being the variety printed on so-called "special booklet paper" which shrank more in a different dimension than regular paper.

I only have a poor, used copy of the C11b (shown to the right of the regular C11) which I hope to eventually replace with mint, etc., and then can retire this one from the album to serve as a template. But I had a bit of spare time to make space in the album, revise the explanatory text about the matter, etc., etc. Another day I'll get this revision over to Clive's site where the album and code are available for download.

Valued Member
43 Posts
Posted 10/21/2020   2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr. H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On Monday I remounted my Faroe Island collection on to Steiner pages. On Tuesday it was Greenland. Today I will start on Iceland.

Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
Posted 10/21/2020   6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I spent some time browsing Austrian stamps on HipStamp. Ended up buying a bunch from three different sellers. More holes to be filled.

Dale
Valued Member
16 Posts
Posted 11/15/2020   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tore99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today I spent an (enjoyable) hour identifying early 20th century Hungarian stamps by watermark.
Valued Member
Ireland
245 Posts
Posted 11/15/2020   7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I re-launched my Stamp Collecting blog on 31st October.
My order of Ireland Christmas stamps arrived yesterday.
Printed over 40 photographs Of Irish post offices I had visited in September and October.
Page: of 111 Previous TopicReplies: 1,653 / Views: 171,805Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05