Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 1,751 / Views: 179,612Next Topic
Page: of 117
Valued Member
United Kingdom
22 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   03:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yorkie68 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Had a lazy birthday weekend, had my Covid jab on Friday so had a couple of hours of me time on Sunday sorting through a load of early 20th century Swiss stamps. Managed a full set of the 1915 opts in VFU condition and also the 1921 opts a full set too.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
15 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   4:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bought some new issues Garden Beauty, Chief-Shiung Wu, Brush Rabbit, and Barns postcard stamp. Nice looking sheets.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1825 Posts
Posted 02/23/2021   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found a MNH, 1915 Netherlands Indies postage due set complete from a seller in the Netherlands. Not a major transaction- less than 15 bucks. I asked him about other stamps I needed from Netherlands Colonies however I did not yet have an NVPH catalog to work from. And he was not conversant with Scott numbers. But- he said he had a used 2015 NVPH and only wanted 6 euros for it plus the extra shipping. They cost at least 32 euro new and when working in the first half of the 20th century, who cares if the catalog is current vs. nearly so?

Stamps and book have since arrived and they are both pristine. The catalog appears to have never been used and seems to have all the detail I am looking for. I'm a bit surprised at the lack of shades listed as I assumed the 1915 sets had many printings.

Does anyone know- for Netherlands, Indies, Curacao/Antilles, does Michel provide more detail on shades and other "natural" variaties?
Valued Member
United States
28 Posts
Posted 02/24/2021   10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BLCjr, thanks for you response to my question about bidding on eBay - interesting thoughts there. I am a bridge player, where bidding for the contract is the first part of any hand. I think of losing my bids on eBay is letting the opposition go set (negative points for them, points for me).

I haven't sold anything on eBay (or tried) - it just seems like too much hassle. I used to take my surplus items of value to the local stamp store for exchange for things I want. But Covid has limited that. I like the idea of trading with folks here - and giving away to kids starting out (or any beginning philatelists)
Valued Member
United States
28 Posts
Posted Yesterday   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received my last "won" lot from E-Bay so have examined those stamps and will mount them in my Volume 1, 1840-1940 today.

The seller kindly shipped a bunch of Inter leaves with the lot, no charge. He said he has tons from prior collections he has purchased. I have found the interleaving has made my collection so much nicer, but I am still working on it. The biggest problem for me about these Scott International albums is the post binding - if I want to add an interleaf in the middle of the volume, I have to remove all the pages half way through. Taking them out is no problem, but putting them back in properly is a time consuming task.

Still worth it though .

I find I am soaking more stamps these days since I want to have even my used stamps to be free of hinge remnants before they take up residence in my album. And instead of keeping the covers from eBay purchases, I am snipping off the interesting stamps so more soaking there.

I like my drying book, but it is getting a little worn out. Anyone have an opinion what is the best drying book?
Valued Member
United States
15 Posts
Posted Yesterday   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Purchased some monkey and dinosaur stamps for my son.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
Posted Yesterday   10:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was telling my nephew yesterday about the collection I acquired in Nov 2019. I asked what country he wanted me to work on next as part of my remounting project. Out of left field, he said Andorra. I said okay.

Today, I carefully removed Andorra from the old acidic Scott International Part I pages and printed off new Steiner pages for them and some others I had in glassines. Will mount them on Sunday.

I also removed Albania, Algeria, and Angola and will do those next.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2941 Posts
Posted Today  7 Hrs 42 Min ago  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have working on Machin pages in AlbumEasy. I have almost all the issues I want added but now need to go back and start checking.
Al
Valued Member
France, Metropolitan
6 Posts
Posted Today  6 Hrs 59 Min ago  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add guilloutran to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have plenty of older Swedish stamps and I have been cataloging them. Pretty nice to be on vacation!
Valued Member
United States
28 Posts
Posted Today  2 Hrs 23 Min ago  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone tell me which topic to use for advice on how to upload photos or scans of material? And to learn how to use Album Easy?

I went to the tutorial for uploading photos, but I am missing something - have had no success completing an upload.

Also have tried on numerous occasions to create some pages from Album Easy - I am stumped and would be really grateful for any help I could get on these two topics. Bobby T
Valued Member
Canada
262 Posts
Posted Today  3 Min ago  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also have tried on numerous occasions to create some pages from Album Easy - I am stumped and would be really grateful for any help I could get on these two topics

Bobby, If you have not yet viewed the AlbumEasy introductory video on Youtube
https://youtube.com/watch?v=rtDn_7QBDiA that may help to get you started. Best would be to view it full screen. I must apologise in advance for the rather amateurish narration.
Either way, please contact me via a forum PM or the contact page on the website (link in my signature below) and I would be happy to help.

On a somewhat related note, my ISP was doing a hardware upgrade yesterday, Friday March 26, and apparently, the system "lost" a whole bunch of my emails. So if anyone tried to contact me yesterday and I never responded, please try again.
Clive
AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
Page: of 117 Replies: 1,751 / Views: 179,612Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05