Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,865 / Views: 188,339Next Topic
Page: of 125
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1897 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   12:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod- Used Signoscopes come up in auctions and on eBay from time to time.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31941 Posts
Posted 03/28/2021   7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Right you are, Shermae,
I have saved a dedicated search reminder via eBay
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
Posted 03/29/2021   01:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lost 27 auctions on eBay, got my second Moderna covid shot and found a misplaced tag to photograph.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted another 360+ of Hungary from 1942 to 1950, but this was only after fiddling more with my U.S. monster the past two days. I read that some people collect plate number singles, but this collection has dozens of what I call plate number pairs which are horizontal or vertical. In many cases, I have all 8 positions for a single stamp. I decided to create pages for the Presidential Issue of 1938 and mounted a bunch where each page is a single position. Bit unhappy there are 29 stamps through 50c. Prime numbers are page design killers. I'll likely not fill these pages, but they are kinda cool looking. This collection also has plate blocks from all corners and for each plate number for a particular stamp. Not saying it has all of them... no idea what the purpose was to collecting these. This is roughly for #772 at least through all of the 8 cent stamps (high value stamps omitted).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2996 Posts
Posted 03/31/2021   06:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It was not uncommon to collect plate blocks from all four corners.
Al
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 03/31/2021   10:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another 340 Hungary mounted! Just need to finish Semi Postal and Air Post (mounts are cut and stamps are in the mounts, just need to put them on the pages). Gonna take a long break from Hungary after this.
Edited by NicholasC - 03/31/2021 10:28 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1353 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   07:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted my meager collection of U.S. telegraph stamps on modified Steiner pages. I will complete other U.S. BOB after I replenish my mount supply.

Also, worked part way through mounting Canal Zone. Again, ran out of mounts.

Robert
Valued Member
United Kingdom
469 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DavidR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received my auction lots won last week from Robert Murray Stamp Shop, in Edinburgh.
The first time I have used them and I have been impressed.
Very nice Malta collection, delivered quickly and great communication.
Now to get them integrated with my other Maltese!
Regards
DavidR
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1353 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   08:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My stamp mount order arrived. I completed adding the remaining U.S. BOB and Canal Zone stamps to my album. I also completed mounting the stamps from my last APS circuit purchase (classic era British Commonwealth stamps).

In the downtime, I created Steiner-like album pages for modern France definitives (Mariannes, Sabines and Libertes) using the Maury catalog listings. Started mounting those along with modern France commemoratives.

Robert
Valued Member
Canada
228 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I bought a $50 musty junk Lot locally, so I don't have to pay any charges or wait for shipping. It will take me days to go through but I've found a few interesting things. Some German stamps that I didn't already have. And some cat photo post cards from 1906 that are astonishingly clear. I will scan and post these later. The sharpness of these is uncanny.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   2:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been spending the last few days sorting through the giveaway I won through this site. It said it was Costa Rica and Ecuador, which it was, but Don threw in a whole bunch from Congo.

Since my primary emphasis worldwide is 1840-1940, driven by my Scott's International Volume I, I have ended up with a huge supply of dups. I did find a fair number of useful stamps, though, for my collection. Also, added to the Harris Sateeman album which my granddaughter has claimed for her..
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1897 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So if I understand correctly, the Scott's Volume 1 covers US to Ethiopia, 1840-1940?
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   3:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No. The Scott Classic, a single catalog, covers the world to 1940 at least and beyond a bit as needed for certain sets.

Now a Scott International catalog can be used to look up just stamps before 1941 but it requires 6 two part volumes (12 individual catalog books) to cover the world as shown:

Vol 1 US, A&B
Vol 2 C-F
Vol 3 G-I
Vol 4 J-M
Vol 5 N-SAM
Vol 6 SAN-Z

To stay in line with the thread; I posted on SCF and cruised eBay.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 04/08/2021 3:50 pm
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   01:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received a boat load of additional mounts and 4000 more glassines in the past week, but still waiting on the 84mm mounts and the #4 1/2 glassines. I sorted through classic Belgium and mounted the regular issues through 1940 and the 160+ precancels I had. Mounted Bermuda through 1953 coronation of QE2. Working on the same for Bahamas and Barbados. Also pulled from the old albums and mounted stamps from 1941 through the QE2 coronation for a handful other British colonies.

Also waiting on my 2012 U.S. Specialized Catalog. Never had one of those.
Edited by NicholasC - 04/09/2021 01:47 am
Valued Member
United States
27 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Purchased the new Espresso stamps from the USPS website.
Page: of 125 Previous TopicReplies: 1,865 / Views: 188,339Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05