Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1,986 / Views: 196,828Next Topic
Page: of 133
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/05/2021   01:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since last time, I mounted:

TAHITI
TOBAGO
TOGO
TOKELAU
TONGA
TRANSCAUCASIAN FEDERATED REPUBLICS
TRANSVAAL
TRINIDAD
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
TRIPOLITANIA
TURKS & CAICOS
TURKS ISLANDS
UBANGI-SHARI
UKRAINE
UPPER SENEGAL & NIGER
UPPER SILESIA
UPPER VOLTA
VIRGIN ISLANDS
WESTERN UKRAINE

Pending are a bunch more T countries.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/06/2021   12:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted the other half of classic MEXICO through 1940. Was another 160+ stamps and I had to modify a few pages because the frames just weren't large enough. I still haven't finished the Numerals because, although I think I know which aren't watermarked, I'm having trouble with perforations and colors. I'm just gonna put those off for a while, maybe until after I retire.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1953 Posts
Posted 06/06/2021   4:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicholas, thanks for the Syria pages. Great stuff and to me, a very representative and attractive start.
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/07/2021   06:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@shermae

No problem, glad you like them. I'm going to mount more Syria through 1945 and perhaps through 1958, just prior to the United Arab Republic.

I don't have very many Saudi Arabia, but looks like mounting what I have through about 1955 will give me a good set of pages.

I also do have Lebanon out, so I could some there as well.
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/08/2021   06:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted:

TUNISIA (332)
WALLIS AND FUTUNA (126)

Prepared to mount Lebanon through 1940 and preparing Libya through 1941.

Need to get more binders, paper, and sheet protectors. And somehow need to find more shelf space.
Edited by NicholasC - 06/08/2021 06:57 am
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Prepared more of the L countries and mounted LATVIA through 1941. Only 160+ stamps, but this has given me the most grief because I had to redo 15 pages due to frames being wrong sizes by more than I would normally just deal with and mount anyway. Yes, I wasted 15 pages of paper and ink because I didn't realize they needed adjustment before printing. Also added a page for the unissued Russian Occupation stamps of 1919, but that was expected.

Here's a couple of pages. The first is one that I didn't have to modify and the second is the the page I created for the unissued occupation stamps.

Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted classic:

LEBANON
LIBYA
LIECHTENSTEIN

Probably gonna do Liberia next since those stamps are out and then some of the smaller S countries, including more Saudi Arabia.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6387 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   10:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I bid in the Aldrich auction and made a nice score. Did not get the primary set I was after due to overly enthusiastic competition but what I did win more than made up for it. Ordered some other material for my Russia collection which is now just a few sets from being complete including BoB for the period 1918-1958.
Valued Member
144 Posts
Posted 06/12/2021   10:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been bombing the site with posts, trying to get to the magic "50", so I'll be allowed to do other things on the site.

Hopefully they have been of some entertainment value to others. I tried to do posts with content, and not just trash posts to get the count up.

Best to all,
Pat
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/14/2021   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted Classic:

TANGANYIKA
TANNU TUVA (fun with the odd shapes)
TETE
THRACE
TIMOR
TURKEY IN ASIA

This finishes the stamps I had laid out. Bought another 500 sheets of cover stock and a couple of Target brand binders (they are cheaper and should still suffice).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3043 Posts
Posted 06/15/2021   06:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Checking my inventory in StampManage versus the actual albums. I found a few errors where I forgot to add purchases.
Al
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/18/2021   12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've laid out classic Liberia, Straits Settlements, Malaya: Federated Malay States and also Johore, Kedah, etc. roughly through QE2 coronation. Found a handful more for Lebanon, Libya, and even pulled out more Jamaica and Leeward Islands, also through QE2 coronation. Yeah, I have my Blue album out that contains Jamaica through Maldives from mid-1940 to mid-1973. I'll be pulling some more from that to thin it out a bit. 1940s Japan could be fun.
Edited by NicholasC - 06/18/2021 12:07 am
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
Posted 06/20/2021   01:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I began to work on the layout for my exhibit for the APS Great American Stamp Show to be held in Chicago in August. I am exhibiting the 32 Flag Over Porch plate number coil stamps, first day covers, commercial covers, and some related ephemera. The exhibit will be 96 pages filling 6 frames, so I have a lot of work ahead. Looking forward to bringing some order to the chaotic mess of material, notes, and references that I've been gathering for the last few years.
Member APS #174069, PNC3 #2386, AFDCS #29532O, PSS #8418
Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org)
Coil Line (club newsletter) Editor & Webmaster
Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Valued Member
United States
184 Posts
Posted 06/22/2021   10:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally finished mounting Straits Settlements, Malaya through QE2 coronation, some additional Jamaica, KUT, Kuwait, Lebanon, Leeward Islands, and Libya. Also mounted Karelia. Still need to mount Liberia.

My problem is I've lost focus. The initial goal was to remount classic 1840 to 1940, but I've gone much further in many areas. Need to get back on track.

Also out of 25mm mounts yet again.
Valued Member
United States
247 Posts
Posted 06/23/2021   10:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Created pages for Boat stamps, since I finally got some.
Scanned about 200 stamps, mostly back of the book items.
Bought a book about political campaign stamps (Cinderella's) Until recently I was oblivious to them.
Page: of 133 Previous TopicReplies: 1,986 / Views: 196,828Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05