Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,131 / Views: 206,243Next Topic
Page: of 143
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received a few stamps in the mail. Catalogued them and put them in an album. Now Im wondering what to do next.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1992 Posts
Posted 06/26/2021   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Buy some more, of course.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3114 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   06:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A package of stamps arrived yesterday so will have some mounting to do it for a few days.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
808 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add backroads to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received 1 kg of off paper material that was purchased in an auction. This gives me something to work my way through and fill up old stock books. When I was teaching, retired now, I always sponsored a stamp club and used these as prizes and such for the kids. These days, it seems to be a lot harder to find similar clubs to donate them to but luckily there are several correspondents that have contacts with youth organizations.

Also, I almost always find one or two useful items in these lots. Should maybe post my finds here if there is any interest.
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   2:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spent a couple of hours identifying catalogue numbers for my worldwide stamps, got caught up fixing my stamps into the catalogue. Later today I plan on researching stamps, after a break.
Joanne
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   2:19 pm  Show Profile Check ddaann's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ddaann to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
backroads wrote: Also, I almost always find one or two useful items in these lots. Should maybe post my finds here if there is any interest.

SURE - always fun to see new finds.
I'm ddaannv on eBay and Dan's Stamps on HipStamp
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   3:08 pm  Show Profile Check ddaann's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ddaann to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today, between visits from my wife's family, I've been cataloging stamps related to Stockholmia '86, including a sheet of labels and a program from August 8
I'm ddaannv on eBay and Dan's Stamps on HipStamp
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1611 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Broke 15,500 stamps in my Big Blue

Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   8:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still waiting on mounts, so in the mean time, I've printed pages and laid out classic stamps for:

JORDAN
KOREA
LITHUANIA
LUXEMBOURG
MADEIRA
MALDIVE ISLANDS
MARIANA ISLANDS
MARIENWERDER
MARSHALL ISLANDS
MAYOTTE
MESOPOTAMIA
MOHELI
MONGOLIA
MONTENEGRO
MONTSERRAT
NATAL
NEPAL
NETHERLANDS ANTILLES
NETHERLANDS INDIES
NEVIS
NEW GUINEA
NEW HEBRIDES, BRITISH
NEW HEBRIDES, FRENCH
NIGER COAST PROTECTORATE
NOSSI-BÉ

I may need to redo Lithuania pages due to frame sizes, just like I did for Latvia.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Went to a live Auction of stamps, Bought a cherry picked Eire collection just for it's beautiful springback binder, only £4.00 about $5.40US. Accidentally bid on a collection of australian stamps instead of the following lot. Fortunately it cost £1.00,less than $1.50. I got 6 decent secondhand stockbooks, and some stamps I wanted. I find it intersting that I can get a stock book full of a country that doesn't get much collector interest for less than an empty stockbook. Great fun even if my glasses kept misting over because of my face mask.
Valued Member
United States
410 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bought a few books that I've wanted to add to my large and growing philatelic library including:

"The United States 1 Cent Franklin, 1861-1867 by Don L. Evans"
"The One-Cent Magenta by James Barron" (had previously read it as a public library book and wanted to add it to mine)
"United States Stamps, 1927-32 By Gary Griffith"
"Philatelic Forgers: Their Lives and Works by Varro E. Tyler"
"Focus On Forgeries. A Guide To Forgeries Of Common Stamps By Varro E. Tyler"

That should keep me busy reading for a bit. Now that I'm working from home, I kinda miss riding into DC on the MARC train which gave me 1 to 1-1/2 hours each way for reading (when I wasn't working on my laptop).
Edited by jconey - 06/28/2021 10:13 am
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got a lot of Canal Zone stamps from eBay today. I went through them and found most of them stuck to each other or the glassine they came in. Sad, lesson learned, but most of them will make it into my collection. Needless to say, I soaked them in water and then pressed them in my drying book.
Also, I generated a spreadsheet on my computer for keeping track of my stamps and value. Kind of tedig is ous entering all the data, meh, its something to do. Whats interesting is that it gives me an idea as to how much money I spend on stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3114 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   07:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spending time mounting some Ghana stamps. I have been pleasantly surprised that some of the newly independent African nations actually issued some nice local designs. Of course, most went to the dark side in the 80's.
Al
Valued Member
10 Posts
Posted 06/29/2021   09:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sharonb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I started sorting out 4kg (8 and a bit lbs) of kiloware - I see some soaking in my future ... having fun!
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 06/30/2021   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got the last volume of my Scott Catalogue today. I averaged $8 per volume because they were all from 2007-2008 and volume 1a and b is from 2020. Im interested in Pre-1945 stamps so these years will help me identify stamps and Im not too interested in value, just history. I could probably value them at a later date if Im so inclined but for now catalogue number is sufficient.
In other news, entered some data in my spreadsheet of US catalogue values as I'm interested in how much my collection is valued, just for my own edification.
Joanne
Page: of 143 Previous TopicReplies: 2,131 / Views: 206,243Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05