Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,123 / Views: 205,602Next Topic
Page: of 142
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 08/04/2021   1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I continue to work on my kiloware, but am taking a break from it to mount stamps in my new album.
My new album is the Harris Statesman Album, so I've been moving stamps from my Voyager album to the Statesman.
I like the Statesman album better than the Voyager album. The Statesman has pictures of the stamps and I get a sense of organization with a goal of collecting what's in the volumes which seems to be satisfying. Also, the Statesman has the stamps set up by date and sets. The Voyager album on the other hand has is just like placing the stamps in glassines. There is no organization and once a stamp is mounted you cant create a series or set of stamps.

JoanneG
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by CoffeeRules - 08/04/2021 1:28 pm
Valued Member
United States
35 Posts
Posted 08/04/2021   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Theosprey247 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chipping away at modern Germany. Still a ton of stamps to go through. Read the newest Lin's.
Valued Member
312 Posts
Posted 08/04/2021   7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Coffeerules, I did the exact same switch from a Voyager to the Statesman ... but it was probably 50 years ago!

The Whitman Voyager was my 1st album (Xmas present). I remember it had dots between the stamps rather than boxed borders. Your post brought back some great memories! Hope you have fun making the transfer.
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 08/04/2021   11:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was given a 1935 Modern Stamp Album. Not in great shape, but all pages are there and even a couple hundred mostly worthless stamps, perhaps even a few I don't have.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
359 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently finished processing a Scott International Junior Album that I won at a Rasdale auction earlier in the year. It was very strong in British Commonwealth and I am surprised that KenR let me win it.
Processing takes place in two passes. In the first pass I go through and identify any new stamps to my collection, this requires much use of the perf gauge and watermark fluid, particularly for the British Commonwealth. All new additions are recorded with a red check in a 1992 edition of the Scott catalog. Second pass involves incorporating new stamps into a Scott International volume 1 that I already have. I added about 4000 stamps to the Scott volume 1.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1553 Posts
Posted 08/05/2021   5:13 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I missed one, good for you!!
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 08/06/2021   11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Worked on my kiloware and moved some stamps from my Mystic Voyager album to H.E. Harris Statesman album.
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 08/07/2021   12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That was exhausting. Three or so long days to sort through and roughly catalog Czechoslovakia (everything except 1840-1940 that were on the International Part I pages and tucked into glassines some time ago and the 1940 to 1971 that are still on pages in an album somewhere), including Bohemia and Moravia, Slovakia (yes, they were in the Czechoslovakia section), and some more Eastern Silesia. I must have gone through 2500, give or take 500, stamps. This also doesn't include the dozens and dozens of blocks and pairs that I need to go through to see if there is anything I don't have as a single. Definitely an example where I have so very many duplicates. It's a candidate for a parallel collection. Going to print pages perhaps through somewhere in the 1940s so that all Bohemia and Moravia and early Slovakia are accounted for.
Edited by NicholasC - 08/07/2021 12:29 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
574 Posts
Posted 08/07/2021   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
listed in inventory, cataloged, placed in album 200+ FDCs recently received.... Placed a Fulfillment order (to acquire Forever issues prior to rate hike)... ordered additional FDCs... arranged recent Fulfillment orders (4) for Listing, inventory, album placement... Starting to work on 'want list' for upcoming local stamp shows in September & October... (staying clear of the wife...)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1983 Posts
Posted 08/07/2021   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many former French Colonies utilized recess engraved stamps for several years after independence. Example countries include Laos, Cambodia, Viet Nam, Mauritania, Comoro Islands, New Caledonia, and most of the former French Colonies in Africa and the South Pacific.

I've long admired these stamps as many have outstanding designs but excluded them from my collection as they aren't definitives or BOB. I decided though that selected pictorial sets could certainly dress up my collection, so I spent some time recently updating my wants list specifically for New Caledonia and Wallis & Futuna to include some of their engraved sets.

Will work on other countries as time permits.

Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 08/09/2021   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Printed pages for Czechoslovakia regular issues through 1939 and all back of book (since not whole bunch after 1939). Also printed pages for Bohemia and Moravia, Slovakia, and a couple more for Eastern Silesia. Pulled more stamps from the album for Dahomey, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, and some others just to get at better stopping points for the remounting project. Going to need to start mounting things soon as my laid out pages are starting to pile up.
Valued Member
United States
182 Posts
Posted 08/09/2021   12:55 pm  Show Profile Check ddaann's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ddaann to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I won three lots of S/S and sheets at the Kelleher auction on Saturday (about 15 pounds shipping), and send them a check this morning. I suppose it will be 2-3 weeks before they are delivered.
I'm ddaannv on eBay and Dan's Stamps on HipStamp
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 08/09/2021   1:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Worked on some kiloware sorting self-adhesive stamp from regular gummed stamps. I have a bag of stamps that need to be soaked which is what Im doing now while watching Star Wars. In the mail today I got a stock book and 750 German stamp packet which I can add to my 2-1000 worldwide stamp packets waiting to be sorted. Ordered a 1/2 pound of stamps off paper from Mystic. I've found Mystics lots have plenty of pre-1950 stamps so Im looking forward to getting them in the mail.
Ive also been transferring my world stamps from my Voyager album to my Statesman album. Whenever I buy from Nordfrim, I buy a stock book as well so now I have 3 of them and will be getting a 4th probably in the next week or so. My stock books are empty except for one which Im putting German stamps in. At sometime in the future I need to sort out duplicates.
And that's how its been going for the past few days.

JoanneG
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
Posted 08/09/2021   8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tikithindi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since Last Monday work on collections of INDIA, USA, CANADA and UNO.
Finished Scanning all INDIA from 1947 to 2017 all type of configuration
now USA doing USA is about 78% done. Found some of Withdrawn INDIA
Guru Granth Sahib Sheet. Marylin Monroe Missing star Perforation.
Four variety. As SCF there is Limit of DPI have to work for resizing
than and than I can Load to show those. Working Faststone resizer
how to work with it.

Cheers
tikithindi
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
Posted 08/11/2021   12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Happier times. Mounted a handful of classic smaller countries:

Eastern Silesia
Estonia
Falkland Islands & Dependencies to QE2
Far Eastern Republic
Fernando Po
Fiji to QE2
Funchal

Two of those countries are less than 5 stamps each, but it makes me feel good to list them anyway.

Three more large piles of pages to mount. So much more fun than sorting and cataloging.
Edited by NicholasC - 08/11/2021 12:09 am
Page: of 142 Previous TopicReplies: 2,123 / Views: 205,602Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05