Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,237 / Views: 214,791Next Topic
Page: of 150
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
Posted 10/15/2021   10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Philippines, San Marino, and Iran finally mounted. Ran out of 34mm mounts. Hopefully I can get through Poland and El Salvador without a new mount order.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3209 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I added stamps to my collection from Jamaica, Singapore, Cyprus, Nigeria, Gibraltar, and a few others. I only ended up with two (2) I already had.

Some were included in this mailing posted with a souvenir sheet.

I found that Steiner pages are missing some of the Nigeria 1970 Hides and Skins series (as named by Scott) so will need to redo some of these pages. It appears that Scott updated their catalogs after Steiner created the pages. I did send an email to Bill Steiner.

Al
Edited by angore - 10/16/2021 06:36 am
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
Posted 10/16/2021   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got a supplement 2019 for my Harris Statesman albums today. Spent time moving around countries to the four albums I have.
My hip hurts so I'm going to take the rest of the day off from stamp collecting. Hip surgery is painful.

JoanneG
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   2:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Placed an order with Nordfrim for a few catalogs (new SG Commonwealth, Michel Austria, and a Philatelia Hungarica) and a big packet of Hungary to jump start my new focus on it.

My last Nordfrim order was delivered five days after it was placed. I'm guessing this time it'll take a bit longer, although I have seen others recently indicating fairly fast delivery times.

Dale
Valued Member
Ireland
262 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I caught up on new issues from Ireland.
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Classic Poland is mounted with the exception of several pages of 34mm high stamps from the German Occupation during WWII. I have only just started on classic El Salvador and it will take a bit of time due to the volume of pages and stamps. Ordered 27 more packs of mounts which will get me through mounting everything I had prepared. Once I finish, I will update my counts spreadsheet to see where I am with with the number of pages and stamps mounted in the past year.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1932 Posts
Posted 10/19/2021   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I looked at my bank book and stopped (buying).

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
Posted 10/20/2021   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since mid July, I added 872 pages in 9 binders with another 6042 stamps. That brings me to 3789 pages and 27161 stamps in the re-mounting project. This doesn't include Poland or El Salvador that I am still trying to finish up. Still so much more to do after those. At least 20 large countries still remain and quite a bit more of British colonies that I take through QE2 coronation. I also need to count up China/PRC/ROC and France that were done on Scott specialty pages. Germany (1840-1940) and the U.S. are also handled separately.
Edited by NicholasC - 10/21/2021 10:33 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7145 Posts
Posted 10/20/2021   9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Prepped album pages for some incoming Soviet auction and retail purchases. Getting within a few stamps of completing 1918-1958 including BOB. Then comes adding spice with more varieties and covers. I thought about expanding my date range backwards but would rather put the $ and energy into expanding the current focus.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
637 Posts
Posted 10/24/2021   09:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Attended the Knoxville Philatelic Society monthly Saturday buy and sell meeting. No business or programs, just sit around and talk stamps while you buy from the KPS stock. I sorted through the J - L countries red boxes of 102 cards (Cat value $1.05 to $4.95 but sell for 20% of catalog). I have a small stack of 102 cards so will fill lot of holes.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
Posted 10/24/2021   11:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorted a bunch of stamps for my album. It took me allot longer than I thought it would, but doing a little at a time was the trick.

JoanneG
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
Posted 10/25/2021   01:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Poland and El Salvador classic now mounted. 117 pages and 1009 stamps. Going to go back to A and mount any countries I skipped, except the larger South American countries (still saving those for last). I think I need to do Egypt, Nicaragua, Norway, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and a bunch of the M countries.
Edited by NicholasC - 10/25/2021 07:41 am
Valued Member
United Kingdom
153 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've screwed my courage to the sticking point and started trying to sort the Brazilian definitives 1918 - 1941 by watermark. In some ways I'm finding it both easier and harder than I had feared. Easier because a surprising number of watermarks are clearly visible as long as the back of the stamp is clean and clear of hinge remnants. Harder because so many of the stamps have squiggly bits of watermark that are hard to ID. As I'm going through any dirty or gluey stamps or stamps with big chunks of hinge stuck on are getting a quick clean - probably approaching 2,000 so far and I'm nowhere near done - two big bags of the various red 200r have got to be gone through!

At first I tried sorting into colour groups - which in itself is pretty challenging - but when I then ID'd the watermarks they didn't seem to correspond with what I was expecting or what the catalogues were telling me I'd find, so I'm now just grouping them by watermark. Once that's done and the pages in several printed albums I have are filled, I intend to mount them in albums sorted by colour and perforation

So far the process has been very enjoyable although my eyes go a bit squiffy after an hour or so of peering so there are frequent tea breaks!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33623 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   03:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

"What is it with you English, and your tea? "

Julia Roberts "Notting Hill"
(from memory)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
564 Posts
Posted 10/26/2021   08:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday and Today I made pages and mounted my NAPEX stamp show purchases.

rod222: Tea leaves a bitter taste in our mouths here in the US but I think it's from the tax. (JOKING - we drink tea but not quite like the Brits do)
Page: of 150 Previous TopicReplies: 2,237 / Views: 214,791Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05