Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,320 / Views: 220,091Next Topic
Page: of 155
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
Posted 11/03/2021   10:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Classic Turkey pages printed through postage due and stamps laid out. Had to adjust many pages due to overprint or surcharge images being too large to be covered by the stamp. Will need more adjustments for newspaper and postal tax pages.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
Posted 11/03/2021   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Starting on the one stamp from every country album using the pages from stamps.org. Only have the first 18 pages printed out but realized I'm going to have to break everything out and do a big sort. Having some fun with it and getting to utilize some of those stamps from countries I may have only had a few of. Hoping to get at least half of the album filled with what I have sitting around.
Valued Member
Lebanon
13 Posts
Posted 11/05/2021   02:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mazdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got a new Lighthouse album today. Green "crocodile look" with 64 pages.
I plan to consolidate my Lebanese stamp collection there. There should be enough space for all the stamps.

I also recently got a number of Spanish stamp collections from Madrid.

The coming week should be fun.
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
Posted 11/05/2021   11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Classic Turkey is ready to mount! It was less frustrating than I thought even though I had to modify about 20 pages. I have one stamp I cannot quite tell if regular or postage due. The color is so faded that it's hard to tell if it was lilac or brown, even under a microscope. I'm leaning towards postage due, so perhaps will mount it there and add a ? under the frame.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3285 Posts
Posted 11/06/2021   06:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered and received a 2022 Scott US Specialized intended as a Christmas gift for my dad.

Also have been busy mounting stamps purchased off Stamporama.
Al
Edited by angore - 11/06/2021 06:49 am
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 11/06/2021   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted some Third Reich stamps today along with some Germany commemoratives.

JoanneG
Valued Member
Cyprus
130 Posts
Posted 11/06/2021   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moose to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its taken 7 years but I finally managed to complete the King George VI Bermuda 1938-1953 'key type'definitive series with all its colour and perferation variants in VF used condition after getting hold of the last 10/- stamp missing from the set
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2049 Posts
Posted 11/06/2021   8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Moose- that is quite an accomplishment. Is your collection complete by despatch date? Also curious about your SG 120 (12/6). Did you obtain a certified copy? SG 120 is an extremely difficult stamp as you likely know. Many think it's the first printing since it's the first listed stamp in Gibbons, however when you look at a Specimen copy of a 12/6 it not match SG 120 (the Specimen stamp apparently is one of the 120a shades).
Edited by shermae - 11/06/2021 8:14 pm
Valued Member
Lebanon
13 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   05:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mazdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I finally managed to fit all the stamps of Lebanon from the French Mandate of 1920, Grand Lebanon, and Lebanese Republic till 2021 in 60 pages. Not including commemorative sheets.
Valued Member
Cyprus
130 Posts
Posted 11/07/2021   06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moose to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SHERMAE - not quite sure what you mean by despatch date, but it is complete as per Stanley Gibbons listings. For what its worth, I have Murray Payne certificates for both the 120 and the 120d.
It was a bumpy ride, I found most of the pieces while still in Cyprus and it was always with a lump in the throat waiting for them to arrive. The 120 and 120d were both 'lost' in the mail system for four months before they finally arrived; and this was years before Covid. I am sure most of us would rather have the stamps rather than being reinbursed, especially if they came at a 'bargain price'
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
Posted 11/08/2021   1:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ecmorgan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Got in a few covers a few days ago. Robert E. Howard Days celebrations.

But started rethinking these covers/pictoral postmarks for genre authors I collect and started to wonder...is this yet another specialty area for me? That of course led to starting to rethink how I organize this part of my collection.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2049 Posts
Posted 11/08/2021   4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Moose - Despatch date refers to the date a printing of stamps was sent to the Colony. Gibbons lists stamps by the general shades, however there are many more printings than Gibbons listings. Some Gibbons numbers refer to multiple printings that can be separated by despatch date. This is especially true for SG 120a. Dickgeisser and Yendall wrote the bible on Bermuda keyplates including all printings by despatch date and all the known flaws on these stamps.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Bo...rp1-_-title1

If you have Murray Payne certs for your 120 and 120d, you have done very well for yourself. For difficult KGVI shades and varieties, I would accept any cert signed by Dickon Pollard over ANY cert of any kind not signed by him, including BPA.

There is a Bermuda collector's society:

http://www.bermudacollectorssociety.com/

Speaking of Murray Payne, they updated the Commonwealth Catalog extensively, which goes deeper into all KGVI stamps including Bermuda. The latest (and almost certainly the last) edition is the 19th.

http://goscf.com/t/3083

Valued Member
342 Posts
Posted 11/08/2021   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Working on sending more launch programs/covers to the Naval Cover Museum.

Below is the latest.

Looking for other ships and associated among my other odds&end to send that may not already be included.

Take a look at the museum, it's pretty interesting.
Look if you have something not listed you could add to the collection.

https://www.navalcovermuseum.org/wi...Cover_Museum
https://uscs.org/

(Launch day program)

(Keel laying cachet)

Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
Posted 11/13/2021   06:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Working through pre-1940 South Africa and South West Africa. Not easy to identify some of the English versions of the definitives. Steiner pages only provide for pairs, so had to add more pages for the singles.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3285 Posts
Posted 11/13/2021   07:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For South Africa Steiner pages, I decided not to create new pages for singles so just added a mount that filled the space. The country is not one of my favorites.

I have been checking my album scan inventory to be sure all scans are up to date. For country names, I have used a 3 digit code rather than full name in filename (XXX pYYY) and have checked for the Olympic assignment art times to use their assignment. Interestingly, Morocco's Olympic designation is MAR not MOR and there is no other country with MOR. There must be some history behind this.
Al
Edited by angore - 11/13/2021 07:36 am
Page: of 155 Previous TopicReplies: 2,320 / Views: 220,091Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05