Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,448 / Views: 231,075Next Topic
Page: of 164
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
35171 Posts
Posted 11/13/2021   08:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
there is no other country with MOR

Indeed.
I do have in my database MORDOVIA but that holds bogus stamps.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6381 Posts
Posted 11/13/2021   09:10 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maroc is the name usually used on postage stamps.
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
Posted 11/13/2021   1:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@angore, since I have both pairs and singles, I feel the need to create the extra pages ... better mounted than in glassines. I also decided to pull the stamps from both countries through QE2 coronation, as I have done for most British Commonwealth related.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2055 Posts
Posted 11/13/2021   4:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
Posted 11/15/2021   07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a 1954 Scott National Album for the collection
Pillar Of The Community
United States
589 Posts
Posted 11/15/2021   10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
During the last several days I've been scanning the Community for info, inventorying my recent WALPEX purchases. Had a few nice 'finds' in the fishbowl cache of 25 packets, trying to organize the USPS Fulfilment order so I can place in album, getting reading to catalog & place in album my WALPEX purchase (got a good purchase of 65 covers including some s/s covers of 1986 @ $.50per.) looking forward to receiving my USPS Annual (w/high values) & the 2022 Scott Classic Specialized. Kind of feel over-whelmed by the amount of work needed to square the collection & getting current.
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
Posted 11/18/2021   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Created an Excel sheet of all of the Documentary Reds from 1940-1958 to bring to stamps shows going forward. Listing which stamps I have and don't have, so I can leave the album at home. Also identifying which are mint and used to purchase upgrades.
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 11/18/2021   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbre-poste to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Attended my first stamp club meeting ever on Tuesday evening. It was an enjoyable hour and a half at the Lebanon Stamp Collector's Club November meeting in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. The featured presentation was a historical look at the US Civil War pension program with some very interesting pieces including copies of muster records from the US National Archive, some pension administration covers and an actual pension check that had been cashed. Looking forward to attending more meetings in the future.
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
Posted 11/18/2021   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finished preparing South Africa and South West Africa, both through 1960-61. Bad news is I have a rotator cuff problem most surely caused by the repetitive nature of removing stamps and hinges, sorting, putting stamps into glassines, taking out later, and then mounting. So, I have to stop for a while since I can't do much with one arm.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
229 Posts
Posted 11/18/2021   8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been liberating stamps from an old Minkus Master Global album I picked up somewhere. Been adding missing items to my personal albums and updating my collection inventory. Just finished Dominica and Dominican Republic. Up next: Bohemia and Moravia.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3375 Posts
Posted 11/19/2021   07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for info on Maroc.

I also volunteered to be an editor of a philatelic Facebook page for th First Issues Collectors Club.

When in edit mode, there a lot of options to promote posts such as creating ads. My role is to post content also the Twitter feed.
Al
Edited by angore - 11/19/2021 08:43 am
Valued Member
United States
21 Posts
Posted 11/19/2021   08:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gr1956stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Moving US stamps from an older album to new Scott Part I pages. Older album has a few mended ,dirty ,unsightly ,pages that needed to be updated. I like the character of the older albums but when it's time to move you gotta do it. Most of older album had hinged stamps, too. So going to black mounts on new pages.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
50 Posts
Posted 11/20/2021   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nuc5 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just managed to get copies of the Deegan Machin Handbook and the Connoisseur Catalogue of Machin Stamps at a reasonable price under 20 for each book - well chuffed.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
229 Posts
Posted 11/20/2021   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Today, finished mounting what I had of Bohemia and Moravia. Now onto Denmark...
Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Posted 11/21/2021   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still plugging away at the one stamp for every country album. Mounted 143 countries so far, still many pages to print.
Page: of 164 Previous TopicReplies: 2,448 / Views: 231,075Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05