Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,322 / Views: 220,365Next Topic
Page: of 155
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dodged several online auctions in an attempt to spend money on xmas presents instead. Still not saving much...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34185 Posts
Posted 12/05/2021   11:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I wonder what Joseph and Mary did, with the Gold, Incense and Myrhh
Valued Member
Lebanon
13 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mazdoc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I bought today a 50-pack of Lebanese postcards, and 6 sheets of stamps to mail them.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2049 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   4:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There have been some baseball-related stamps issued in South America- Venezuela comes to mind.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   4:56 pm  Show Profile Check ddaann's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ddaann to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
nicaragua RA60a, 717a-729a, comoro islands 673a, gambia 1098-1101, laos 1226, There are LOTS more if you search HipStamp or eBay for baseball topic
I'm ddaannv on eBay and Dan's Stamps on HipStamp
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7463 Posts
Posted 12/06/2021   5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Added one more stamp to my Russia collection. I am within spitting distance of completion for 1918-1958. Soooooo close. Very near to done. I can taste it. Yup. Won't be long now. Not at all.
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 12/07/2021   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StampGuyTy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In the ATA catalog, it says that there are 657 baseball stamps issued... so there....I am 2% down, 98 to go :)

Edited by StampGuyTy - 12/07/2021 9:17 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6124 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   02:40 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Three auction lots arrived yesterday, one of which I won, two of which I picked up afterwards at the reserve. Entertainment for the cold, dark weeks ahead. I managed to move most of the material from the sitting-room floor to avoid raillery from my daughter when she returned from after-work drinks. A quick glance suggests mainly Europe, although the better quality material may be US Cinderellas etc, so I shall have to pick some brains here.

Valued Member
349 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   7:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received from eBay three new covers for the mare island collection.

Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
Posted 12/08/2021   8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just won a dozen or more lots on my LAST auction of 2021. Promise.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Valued Member
United States
244 Posts
Posted 12/09/2021   10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've more or less organized Dominican Republic, Egypt, Finland, Greece, Haiti, and Honduras so that I can begin to print pages. Still holding off on mounting stamps to see if my shoulder will heal.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3290 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   06:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am almost done getting all my Steiner album page scans documented in Excel. I have over 3400 scans for my worldwide collection. I started by creating a complete Steiner country PDF (combine all year groups) and resorting to match Scott (airmails follow, then semi-postal). I then used the resulting file to define the page number so all scans have country code and a page number. If I add a custom page, I will give it a suffix like 8.1 (so it sorts right). Pages that may need some attention like checking watermarks, redoing the page for some reason, and other tasks are noted.

Al
Edited by angore - 12/10/2021 07:01 am
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pcerio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted a few large denomination Revenue "Reds" and mounted a second set of J79-86 on a pre-1956 page that doesn't have the $1 stamp
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1388 Posts
Posted 12/10/2021   08:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Purchased classic era stamps from the latest APS sales circuit to come my way. Adding Argentina, Iceland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Niger Coast Protectorate, and Nigeria, to name a few. I also received the first of two stamp mount orders. Now I can work on that backlog of stamps that require size 28 mounts.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3290 Posts
Posted 12/13/2021   08:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I finally got my notification of membership in the Society of Indo-China Philatelists. Dues were just USD$5.00.
Al
Page: of 155 Previous TopicReplies: 2,322 / Views: 220,365Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05