Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,538 / Views: 239,565Next Topic
Page: of 170
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
230 Posts
Posted 01/01/2022   3:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing all of you a very happy and healthy new year! Today I spent a few hours cataloging an accumulation of Greek stamps and adding some of them to the collection. Discovered I still have a lot of pages to fill. :)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
982 Posts
Posted 01/01/2022   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Evaluated my years collecting performance, compared to my goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year.
My goal was mounting 1,000 stamps a month, or 12,000. I actually fell short by about 3,300. But it was an incredibly bad year for me, having to deal with my moms passing, and all the legalities that went with it. Finally got past that last month.

I do expect 2022 to be much better, but will set my mounting goal a bit lower, since I now have a better understanding of what I am capable of on a monthly basis.

My new goal will be 800/month or 9600/year.

My year ending total is at 41,887, but it still doesn't seem like I've made a dent in my "to do" bins.
Edited by spain_1850 - 01/01/2022 5:20 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35784 Posts
Posted 01/01/2022   11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My year ending total is at 41,887, but it still doesn't seem like I've made a dent in my "to do" bins.

Yikes! I thought I mounted a lot per year, whew! you blew me away.
That's 114 stamps a day. Golly Gosh.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6545 Posts
Posted 01/02/2022   03:38 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's Spain's total of stamps in albums, not the total for 2021!
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35784 Posts
Posted 01/02/2022   03:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Geoff
That's 26 a day, 7 days a week, still amazing.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
982 Posts
Posted 01/02/2022   09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spain_1850 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Geoff is correct, 41,887 is my running total. 12,000 was the 2021 goal, or about 33/day. Actual was 8678, or just shy of 24/day. There were times when nothing was mounted for several weeks while I was sorting and identifying, followed by a stretch of 45-50/day.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35784 Posts
Posted 01/02/2022   9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Then you have subsidiary efforts
1.Buying sufficiant Binders
2.Printing album pages
Buying mounts or hinges

Whew!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
701 Posts
Posted 01/02/2022   10:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sleeping, eating, and life in general, on top of mounting ~30 stamps a day… do you ever have time to enjoy the collection? Like, actually taking some time to just look things over?
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   01:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Collated all my Russian/Soviet stamps from multiple smaller stockbooks and glassines into one larger stockbook. Only around 310 stamps and a handful of minisheets, so not large by Russian standards. One bonus, stumbled on a 1993 Uzbekistan which fills a slot in the one stamp for every country album!
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Prepared classic Malta, Manchukuo, Martinique, Mauritania, and Mauritius. Also working on India states (skipped them a while back) and Iraq. Need to resume mounting since prepared pages are building up!
Valued Member
38 Posts
Posted 01/08/2022   1:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tore99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorting through 100s of Belgium stamps recently received. Time to begin adding to stockbook prior to mounting. Keeping eyes open for SON and other easily identifiable postmarks to add to Vario pages as a separate collection.
Valued Member
Ireland
80 Posts
Posted 01/13/2022   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NickIreland to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I am going through kiloware trying to complete my collection of post office issued SOAR stamps (i.e. stamps on a roll) which are mechanically printed stamps printed on demand at post offices. There are over 2,500 different post office codes and I have about 70% of them. It is a slow process, but with increasing post office closures over the past ten years there are many still to be tracked down. Of course this raises the question, am I completely off my head, but it is great to be able to collect stamps that come through the door on ordinary mail, as commeneratives are not readily availbale from post offices.
Valued Member
Ireland
80 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   07:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NickIreland to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been clearing the attic this morning, although I should be working online, and came across this old book
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35784 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Yes, I have that book also.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6545 Posts
Posted 01/14/2022   08:18 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to see so many young collectors here.
Page: of 170 Previous TopicReplies: 2,538 / Views: 239,565Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05