Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Did You Do Philatelically: Today Or Recently?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,629 / Views: 251,458Next Topic
Page: of 176
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1322 Posts
Posted 02/05/2022   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I fastidiously obey signage that says photography is prohibited (or at least ask for permission), but I actually got barked at for taking a photo inside a McDonald's in Spain, where I never imagined that it would be a problem. They had a notice that I needed to record, as a collector of quirky international English:
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
501 Posts
Posted 02/05/2022   3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Or, our staff and patrons all have sticky fingers...
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
Posted 02/06/2022   09:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mounted classic Mauritania (88), Mauritius (100), and Iraq to 1940 (86).

Up next: Memel and Nicaragua (quite large).
Edited by NicholasC - 02/06/2022 12:23 pm
Valued Member
United States
362 Posts
Posted 02/07/2022   2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ecmorgan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I mounted some newspaper stamps for that particular collection.

Also decided to start migrating my general worldwide collection from Big Blues to stock books, and started planning and organizing for that process.
clay-morgan.me Some philately discussions. Some pontificating.
United States
1 Posts
Posted 02/11/2022   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laeding to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Purchased a hard-bound auction catalog (part 1) of the Høgensborg Collection of Danish West Indies for reference. Paid for a small auction lot of DWI stamps with one that was mis-identified and tough to find. It's a stamp I have several copies of, so it will likely be used to trade for other items, or potentially resold. The balance of the lot will be resold or traded.

Awaiting another nice collection purchased in a European auction. Again, will keep a couple of the items and sell the rest.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
678 Posts
Posted 02/15/2022   06:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DJCMHOH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been off work the past month due to a bad foot injury so have been able to do a lot of stamp things. In addition to my work with an Online Catalogue I've been continuing to set up page layouts for my Canada collection. I've completed the second volume covering 1937-1966 and now I am working on page insert layouts for the Centennial Definitives - which considering that the issue was only around for six years in amazingly complex between the paper flourescence, tagging and perforation variations that exist!

Here are a few of the page inserts I made for the last part of Volume II :

APS #173088
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3568 Posts
Posted 02/15/2022   07:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking pages.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
563 Posts
Posted 02/15/2022   07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

DJCMHOH.

Wow. Your sample pages are quite impressive. Like the layout, the font, and the catalogue identities. (And the stamps are beautiful, as well.)

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
56 Posts
Posted 02/15/2022   08:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nuc5 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice layout as well as nice stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
678 Posts
Posted 02/15/2022   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DJCMHOH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamps on the pages are actually just images - I use these pages as "keys" while the stamps themselves are stored on Vario pages. The "key" pages are inserted between the Varios

Here is how it looks when the keys are added to an album. I have the keys front-back printed so that there is Vario Page Left-Key Right-Key Left-Vario Page Right organization

APS #173088
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
Posted 02/15/2022   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CoffeeRules to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been reading Lost Countries: Exotic Tales from an Old Stamp Album. This book is informative and entertaining. I've also been putting newly purchased stamps in my album.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
509 Posts
Posted 02/16/2022   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cephus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We got some late-season snow yesterday (it's still melting at the moment) right after I'd received some U.S. revenues that I ordered. I spent the evening sorting through that, only to discover that I'd put some of my previous revenues in the wrong place so I went through the whole thing and made sure it was all accurate.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
56 Posts
Posted 02/19/2022   07:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nuc5 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Recieved my Stamp for every country album from Amazon - looking forward to the challenge of completing it.

Intend to leave it to my grandson to try and get him interested in this great hobby. May even try to get him to help competing the album - I think some of the stamps however may be challenging.
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
Posted 02/19/2022   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finished mounting classic Nicaragua. 85 pages and 718 stamps. It was quite the effort.

I had also mounted Memel, but I've lost track of where I put them.
Edited by NicholasC - 02/19/2022 10:08 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
642 Posts
Posted 02/20/2022   10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Made up a page for my US Airmail album using AlbumEasy to hold a nice block of the C11b Air Beacon on "special" booklet paper. In the course of this I reread the relevant sections of Bob Rufe's very informative exhibit on special paper printings at: https://stamps.org/events/virtual-s...w/exhibits#2

Threw in a block of conventional paper C11 too and had originally hoped to insert a graphic showing the greater width of the C11b block when overlaid on the C11 block, but there just wasn't room on the physical page. And then in the end, I didn't have mounts of optimal size which I thought I had, so I just approximated. Oh well -- it's done and I can move on. Supplementary coil waste pages beckon....

- Jonathan

Page: of 176 Previous TopicReplies: 2,629 / Views: 251,458Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05